Pages

Saturday 25 October 2014

1.90 Names


Jake and Kay were still waiting outside Kirsten’s room, “Kay the baby is ok?” Kay looked at him, “Do you want to see?” Jake looked shocked when Kay took his hand and led him to a room with an ultra scan. 



Kay put the jelly over her belly and said calmly, “See he’s fine. If I don’t feel anything I come to this room and look.”
“We are having a boy?” Kay looked at Jake smiled and replied, “I never said it was a boy.”
“Yes you did…” Kay rolled her eyes, “I meant it in a generic term.” Jake looked at her and asked, “But you know what we are having, don’t you?” Kay smiled, “Yes it’s a little boy.” 



Jake started shouting with happiness and when he kissed Kay she said firmly, “Jake stop…your sister.”
Jake looked at her and replied, “I’m sorry but I’m so happy right now. That’s wrong, isn’t it?” Kay sighed, “No but I think you need to see your sister.” When they got to the room they saw Andrew about to open the door and Jake shouted after him. 



Andrew stopped and Jake said, “How is she?” Andrew looked tired but said, “She’s ok but in shock. We just found out what we are having.”
“Me too. You first.” Andrew hesitated when he heard through the door, “Tell him or you’ll burst.” Andrew smiled and said, “We are having a boy.” 



Jake hugged Andrew and said with enthusiasm, “Same as me.” Suddenly he heard a cough from behind and rephrased the answer to, “I mean we are having a boy.” Andrew smiled but Jake could see the sadness behind the smile, “And, I am really sorry about…”
“I know you are but Kirsten would love to see you right now.” Jake walked in and saw Kirsten look at him. 



When Jake smiled Kirsten broke down, he quickly went to her side, “Sis it’s ok.”
“I lost my baby,” was all she got out through her tears. 



Jake held her tightly and said, “You know this baby will fight to survive now.” Kirsten wiped her tears away and answered, “I know you are right but Andy must hate me.” Jake was shocked by her statement, “Hate you…he loves you. The problem you’ll have now is Andy wanting to be with you all the time and not leave you and the baby.”
“He wouldn’t…” Jake tilted his head a little and replied, “Just don’t come to me at the end of the pregnancy complaining about him getting on your nervous.” Kirsten looked shocked and firmly said, “Jakey, I wouldn’t,” he raised his eye brow and Kirsten responded, “Ok maybe I would but…”
“One word Kirsten Enjoy!” Kirsten cuddled into her brother and asked, “How is your little one?”



Jake spent the next 15 minutes bending her ear about how he was having a boy and the new house but Kirsten welcomed him making her feel normal rather than a victim and gladly listened. “So sis what are you naming my little nephew?” Kirsten smiled and said, “Andrew and I are discussing names, what about you?” Jake smiled and said, “I need to talk it over with Kay but I want to name him after Dad…” 



Kirsten suddenly glared at him and yelled, “No way, I was thinking that.” Andrew was talking with Kay outside when they heard the yelling. They went in to find Kirsten and Jake battling it out over boy’s names.
“Why do you get Dad’s name?”
“Because my boy will have his first and last name too.”
“And that is your reasoning behind having Dad’s name?” 



Andrew had heard enough and yelled, “Kirsten get back in bed and Jake quiet.” Kirsten and Jake stopped and stared at both Andrew and Kay and did as they were told.
“I leave you for a few minutes and come back in to find you arguing. Kirsten what did the doctor say? Jake your sister is in hospital.” They both bowed their heads and said sorry.



Kay looked at Jake and firmly asked, “This is my baby too and I think I should have a say in what we name our baby. Kirsten I’m pleased you are ok but if you will excuse me I think I will go home and get some rest.” Jake went to go with Kay but she was upset with him, “I’m going by myself to Dad’s because it’s too far to drive tonight. I’ll see you in the morning.” Kirsten whispered quietly after Kay left, “Jake I’m sorry.” He turned to her and replied, “No I should be sorry. Look I’m glad you are ok but…”
“Go, Andy’s here looking after me. Make sure Kay is ok!” 



Jake went straight to Spencer’s but he was already waiting, “So you pick names without talking to Kay.” Jake felt uneasy as he said, “It wasn’t like that, yes I will admit I would like my Dad’s name in there somewhere but when Kirsten started to yell I lost it and it turned into something more like a battle and before I knew it Kay was mad at me.”
“Idiot…I’ll let you in but don’t argue with her.” 



Jake walked in and Kay turned her back on him and said, “I thought I said I’d see you in the morning!” Jake softly asked, “Please Kay will you look at me?” 



She turned to look at him but was still upset and angry, “What!”
“I’m sorry, I would never pick our child’s name without you.”
“Really because it sounded like it.” Jake was trying to defend his corner, “Kirsten and I were excited about having sons but then names were mentioned and we started to argue. I won’t lie but I’m close to my Dad and I would like the name Daniel in my son’s name. I would have told you…”
“Really when? After you and Kirsten had discussed it!”
“Why are you being unreasonable?”
“Me!” Jake realised he wasn’t going to get anywhere tonight and asked, “Can we call it a truce and talk tomorrow after we’ve had some sleep.” 



Kay bit her tongue and said sarcastically, “Great let’s do that,” suddenly Jake had a sleeping bag being thrown at him and heard Kay add, “Sleep tight.” Jake watched Kay walk off and the door slam shut. 



Tracy came out of Charlie’s room and said, “You will work it out, it’s a hormonal thing.”
“How did you decide Mathew’s name?” Tracy sighed, “My parents kicked me out after they found out Spencer got me pregnant. His parents were dead. It was Heather that actually decided Mathew’s name.” 



Jake looked shocked as she continued, “We were arguing just like you too are right now and Heather had heard enough and just yelled out call him Mathew. Spencer said but I hate that name. Heather reminded him it was his middle name and when I fluttered my eyelashes at him with a please, well Spencer caved but I made a promise that he could chose next time.”
“This is difficult.” Tracy smiled and replied, “No this is the start of parenthood.” 

5 comments:

  1. All this drama over baby names! Its cute both Jake and Kirsten wanted to name their babies after their dad. They should have discussed it with Andy and Kay first before they got into a heated argument. Hopefully they'll find a compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope both babies will be all right. Fighting over baby names...hope they can find a way to make it work so each can have part of their dad's name in their children's names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, such a fuss over poor little darlings that haven't even been born yet! But Tracy is right, this is their start to parenthood, I just hope things settle down for all of them.
    Enjoying this so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, blame it on the hormones! hahaha These guys need to sit down with some nice cocoa and cookies and just relax. They're all so uptight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Kirsten needs to relax more and stop worrying about Jake naming his child after their dad. How cute that they are both having boys. I can just see the two cousins when they are older, causing mayhem all over the place.

    ReplyDelete