Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

1.36 I Want you back

Laura couldn’t believe she had her own place. It wasn’t has big as the family home had been when Jake and Kirsten were growing up but for one it was fine. She had two spare rooms so if she was finally given grandchildren then there was somewhere they could stay. 



When she looked around she suddenly realized that Jake had brought over the wrong suite from the house. It was the leather suite she hated but at the same time it had some memories.
Laura suddenly had tears in her eyes as she ran her hand across the leather chair remembering that Daniel used to sit in it night after night working hard to get the business up and running. She recalled one night after putting Kirsten to bed that he still had his head stuck in some papers while working on some figures. Laura tried to get his attention but nothing worked until she lost her temper and threw the paper work across the room. She had expected Dan to get mad but without warning he grabbed her pulling her onto his lap where he made love to her all night. Six weeks later they discovered they were expecting Jake.



Laura found herself sat on the sofa she hated so much missing Dan. She hadn’t seen him in four weeks and it hurt. Telling him they were separating was one of the hardest things she had to do. However they still had things to sort out and she had promised that when she was settled she would ring. 



Her hand started to shake as she dialled his number but was taken aback when she heard his voice on the line. “Dan, are you ok?”
 “No but I’m glad you called.”



“We still have things to sort out…” Daniel interrupted her, “The house is on the market. Jake has already taken some things with him. As I don’t know what will happen once I move. Kirsten is coming to get some of her things.”
Laura was in shock, “You put the house up for sale?”
“You left me so I’m doing what you asked.” Laura was almost in tears, “I asked for a separation not a divorce.”



“Do you still love me Laura because I love you?” Laura sat down and turned the video phone off because she didn’t want Dan to see her tears, “It was never about me not loving you; this was about you and that woman. You were the one who forgot about me, you were the one who stopped wanting me and then her.”
“Laura, turn on the video call right now. I want you to see me explain.” She turned it back on, “I made the biggest mistake sleeping with her and I regretted it as soon as it happened. Darling I miss you the only home I have is with you.”



Laura was trying to hold back to the tears but a tear escaped down her cheek, “I love you too but how can I trust you?”
“I am retiring from the business to be with you. The business will be handed to Kirsten and Jake.”
“Seriously Dan, you are handing over the business to the kids?” Laura felt happy by his gesture and asked, “You never wanted to live anywhere else but I want to be near the kids.”
“Where you are is where I need to be. The last few weeks have been hell.” Laura glanced at the leather sofa then back at Dan but before she could speak he asked another question, “Jake took the leather suite; do you know anything about that?”



Laura laughed slightly, “He brought it here. Jake collected the wrong one by mistake. I only just realised. Did you give Jake his birthday present from us?”
“He loved it and we played football but you and Kirsten weren’t there. Laura, I love you. What is your answer?” Laura was so pleased that Jake and Dan were finally getting on and was starting to fill up with tears again so couldn’t answer him and hung up but she kept looking at the phone. Do I send him the address or not? I’ll leave it and speak to him in the morning.



Laura settled down to watch a film. Half way through the film the doorbell rang. She saw Daniel standing there and her heart skipped a beat. She opened the door and let him in. Laura was in shock, “I didn’t send the address.”



Daniel smiled, “Jake gave it to me. The place is so you,” As he looked at Laura.
“Dan why are you here?”
“As I told you on the phone I want my wife back. You liked it when I use to turn up when you were away. So I decided to come after you.” Laura suddenly had a lump in her throat and as he got closer her heart started to beat faster. 



“Dan we need…” Laura couldn’t finish the sentence because Daniel kissed her. She knew all too well that kiss and if she was honest she wanted that kiss, his touch, and his hands gliding across her body. In fact these last few weeks apart regardless what had happened she missed him. These few weeks for her were more to do with making him feel guilty and it worked. Laura never intended to divorce the man she loved. All she ever wanted to do was give him a taste of his own medicine.
“Dan, I’ve missed you.” He kissed her again and replied, “Darling I missed you too. 



Where is the bedroom?” As she held on to Dan Laura replied, “It’s upstairs to the right.” Daniel didn’t need to be told twice. He took her upstairs and kicked the door open. 



As he laid her on the bed Laura asked, “Do you think we will ever have grandchildren?” He stopped and looked at her in the eye, “I adore you Laura but you should not worry so much. When the kids are ready to become parents then we will have grandchildren you can adore.” 



He kissed her softly but Laura needed to clear the air on more than just the affair, “Do you miss our daughter?” Dan looked at her with love and said, “Every day I miss her. Ava would have turned 21 next week 4th June.”
“I can’t believe you remember. I still feel guilty; I blamed myself for her death.”



“My darling Laura; why didn’t you tell me sooner? You are not to blame; it was not your fault. Ava died an hour after being born. This is why I’m so proud Kirsten and Jake are close. Stupidly I backed off but we should have been there for each other instead.” Laura looked deep into his eyes, “I’m proud of them too.”


Dan kissed her more deeply and replied, “You look so beautiful tonight…” Laura interrupted him, “Make love to me and come home. Dan confirmed what he’d already stated, “I am home and I’m going to make love to my wife every night starting now.”

9 comments:

  1. For some reason I liked Dan in this update. His determination and the way he went after Laura melted my heart.

    Okay, they made love, does this mean Laura's ready to work on their marriage? I think it will make their children happy.

    Now I understand why their marriage collapsed. Losing a child can't be easy, and grieving separately doesn't make things easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Dan having that one night stand made him realise what he really wanted but when Laura left it broke his heart. He went after her because he needed to show her how much he still loves her.
      I think they are both ready to work on their relationship now that they have finally started to talk. Losing Ava was hard on both of them and you right grieve separate was the wrong thing to do.

      Glad Dan melted your heart :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ It finally comes out what broke their marriage,losing a child will ether break a couple or make them stronger,it is just how they handle it that creates the outcome,they needed each other,& they withdrew from each other,instead of supporting each other & grieving together!
    ~ I am glad they finally acknowledged the problem & I guess they will talk about it more,but they are on the right path to healing their marriage!
    ~ Loved this,even though trust is the issue here, I am sure they will work it out!
    ~ Dan giving up his business & handing it on to his children will go a long way with Laura! As work was a big part of why he ended up cheating,never home,with his family,always working!
    ~ He worked for his family,but in the end the work almost cost him his family!
    ~ Loved it! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      It was losing their baby girl that broke the marriage but they should have grieved together but they didn't which was the sad part. They are on the right path to healing but they will have to talk more. Trust is the issue as well but they ready to work together.
      Dan is giving up the business and Kirsten and Jake taking over will be more of an issue with Jake than Kirsten. Dan needs to do this for his marriage as you pointed out it almost cost him his family.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm, another child...
    Do J and K know about Ava?
    Sad she didn't make it!

    LOL, took the wrong furniture! I'm thinking he did it on purpose to make her remember! It worked didn't it... I hope these two make it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JM,

      Jake and Kirsten don't know about their baby sister because when the parents were grieving separate instead of talking about Ava they never mentioned her so now part of that healing is to tell their children the truth. Jake brought the wrong furniture but it made Laura think about her love for Dan. I hope they make it too :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I meant to comment the whole time reading, but I didn't want to pause.
    I'm so glad they're working things out.
    That was quite a thing to learn about Ava. How utterly sad to lose a baby like that.

    Yeah, do they know about Ava?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Losing Ava was very upsetting for them but now they can heal together and no Jake and Kirsten don't know, yet!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Some mistakes have happy endings, as seen by Jake's mistake with the furniture.

    ReplyDelete