Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2013

1.37 Hate saying Goodbye


Jake drove Kay to the campus still not happy she was going to be there for a few weeks, “Can’t you study at home like you planned?”
“Jake, I told you if I’m going to become a doctor I need to sometimes be on campus. I don’t like it any more than you but it has to be done.”
“I know but the other side of the bed will now be empty and I’m getting used to you being there.” Kay put her hand on his knee and said, “I’ll miss you too.”


Once at the campus gates Jake was given a badge to enter. Kay was given a map to show where she could locate her dormitory. Kay unpacked, ‘Mr Bones’ and put him in the corner while Jake was bringing up the other bags. When everything was in her room Kay pulled him towards her to give him a kiss savouring his lips against hers without saying a word. 


Then Jake whispered, “Let’s take a photo.” When he was done he added, “I’ll get this framed and give it to you when I’m here next.”
“A week is so far away.” 


Jake grabbed her arm and pulled onto the bed and started kissing her with passion it was getting heated when there was a knock at the door and the voice said, “All newcomers please make their way to the main building for introductions and schedules.”
Jake let Kay go and said, “I have to go don’t I?” Kay nodded with a sad look in her eye, “I’m missing you already.” Jake wanted to stay but he had to pull her in for one last kiss, “I’ll miss you more until Friday. Love you.”
“Love you too.”
Kay heard the car speed down the campus road and thought, ‘Two more years in university then I’ll always be with Jake. I wonder when he’ll propose. Kay contain yourself three bloody weeks you have been dating and already you want a ring on your finger, what is wrong with you? Now get your sorry ass to the main building.’



Kay met a few students and professors but felt down and wasn’t in the mood to socialize. She phoned Matt to see when he was arriving as first year students always started on a different day. 


“Hay Matt.”
“Kay for the fifth time, I’ll be there next Friday, you know seven days from today.”
“How did you know what I was going to ask?”
“I know you remember.” Kay smiled and said, “I can’t wait for you and Hazel to be here.”
“I take it Jake left?” Kay didn’t answer. Matt sensed she was upset added, “He’ll see you next Friday and the great thing is he is bringing us with him. Is he staying the weekend?”
With excitement in her voice, “Can they stay?”
“You did read up on the university, right? If he applies for a weekend pass then yes he can stay but he has to leave by 5pm Sunday. One more thing he can only apply to stay twice in one month.” 


Kay didn’t even say goodbye to Matt and hung up on him. She quickly texted Jake and then notice her first class was first thing in the morning so decided to study to take her mind of her missing Jake. Kay pulled ‘Mr Bones’ out and started to study the different parts of the anatomy. 


Suddenly her phone went beep and she saw it was from Jake it read, ‘Missing you like crazy. I’ve applied so make no plans, other than me J’  Kay replied, ‘Can’t wait. Ring me at 9 so I stop studying and get some sleep.’
I hope that’s not the only reason?’
‘Lol, no it isn’t. Speak soon xxx’ Jake didn’t reply back but it meant for the next few hours Kay got some studying done.


“I’ll ask you again, why?” Kirsten looked at Andrew and thought for a moment before she replied, “It’s complicated…” Andrew cut her off, “So telling everyone we are engaged is complicated?”
“I told Jake…”


“Oh good, you told your brother. I want the world to know we are engaged yet you want to keep it a secret. I’ll ask you again, why?” Kirsten started to panic and didn’t know what to say other than I love you. Andrew was now angry and hurt and said very firmly, “When you are ready to tell me you can find me at the base and I won’t be back until I have your answer.” Andrew stormed out muttering to himself.


Kirsten fell to the floor wondering what just happened. The afternoon started off with them making love and then the arguing started. Jake walked into the room and sat next to Kirsten and said, “Andrew looked pissed. Do you want to talk about it?”
“He is mad because I don’t want to tell people we are engaged.”
“You love Andrew, right?” Kirsten looked at Jake, “With all my heart…”
“Why?” 


Kirsten got up and made her way to the sofa and Jake followed her, “I’m afraid that as soon as everyone knows, especially Mum and Dad, I’ll get when are you getting married? Other people will say oh you must be pregnant so Andrew has to marry you.”
“Are you pregnant?” Kirsten gave him a horrified look then her expression mellowed, “I want to be but Andy might not want kids.” Jake laughed, “Andrew loves you. He is marrying you because he’s head over heels in love with you. I think he’s ready to be a Dad too because I caught him pulling funny faces with a toddler.” 


Kirsten hugged her brother, “Thank you for listening. I just thought Andrew would think I was being pushy.”
“Just catch him before he gets on the base.” 


Kirsten ran out the house but noticed Andrew was pacing in the park. “Can we talk?” Andrew turned and sat on the swing quietly waiting for Kirsten to continue, “I was worried people would think you were marrying me out of pity but truth is I don’t care what people think. I only care what you think. The other reason is I want a baby with you.” 


Andrew moved closer with a smile and held her, “I hate arguing with you. The reason you were worried is because of what people would say when we got married. I thought you didn’t want a baby yet?” Kirsten squeezed Andrew tightly and replied, “When I said yes to you, it was like someone had turned on the switch and said now you want that baby.”



Andrew replied, “Look at me.” Kirsten looked into his eyes as he continued to say, “Do you want to marry me first or the baby first?”

7 comments:

  1. ~ LOL, they are too cute Kirsten & Andy!
    ~ She was scared!!!!!Of whom,I think Mom & Dad!
    ~ Kay & Jake,will they work,being separated,I would like to think so,but only time will tell!
    ~ Loved it! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Kirsten and Andy are very sweet together but she just wants them to be happy before everyone finds out and starts planning everything for her.

      Kay and Jake are going to miss each other, I hope they work.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad the love birds worked things out in the, it makes me sad when they fight like that. I think they should enjoy being married first before making babies though. Aw, poor Jake, he's going to miss Kay terribly. Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      I hater them fighting too but at least they made up. I agree with marriage first even though I did it the other way around lol. Jake will miss Kay alot and know him he will be miserable without her.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I don't understand about the thing that Jake can only visit at certain times at uni.

    Lots and lots of drama between Andrew and Kirsten. It looks like they sorta got everything worked out tho.

    Everyone's wanting to move so fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      This University allows staying over night but it is limited because they want the students to do well and balance their life, I guess.

      Andrew and Kirsten are finding their ground :) Yes they all want to move fast lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Whoah, these two have to sloooow down. They are young, yeah, they're in lovey-dove but, they only just became a couple and now they are talking about babies??? Get them some sedatives quick! I am starting to think they are rabbits! *LOL*

    I hope Kay makes it as a doctor. Too bad she didn't choose a singing career.

    ReplyDelete