Pages

Wednesday 24 October 2012

1.5 Not going anywhere


After everyone had left, Jake took his Dad to the living room and Kirsten followed. "What is going on?" Matt enquired.



Hazel explained that Jake and Kirsten's Dad is very wealthy and he has certain expectations for them. Then the yelling started, "I don't care Kirsten you and Jake are coming home right now."



"We are not going anywhere." Jake stated.
"You don't have a choice."
"Dad, please. I like it here and so does Jake."
"I don't really care Kirsten your behaviour is and has been appalling. As for Jake you should know better."



Jake had had enough with his Dad's attitude and fought back, "You don't like what you see, well take a look in the mirror. How is mum by the way? Have you stopped screwing around yet because let's face it Dad our behaviour is based on what you taught us. Kirsten and I don't need you or your money. We are staying and we will settle when we are ready and not when you tell us too."
Shouting as he left, "This is not over Jake my boy."
"Are you ok Kirsten?"
"Yeah thanks. I think we need jobs now." Jake just hugged his sister. Matt walked in and asked, "Are you both ok?"



"I am now your here." cuddling up to Matt. He pushed her away and said, "Kirsten you are a nice person but you and I would never work."
"It could work." Then they heard the door slam and realised Andrew had left. Matt then said, "Trust me there is someone out there for you but the guy you are looking for is not me." Jake wanted to go and see what was wrong with Andrew but knew his sister needed him more after their Dads visit.
"Matt can you see what is wrong with Andrew." Matt agreed to see go after Andrew and left to find him. 



When he finally caught up to Andrew he took him inside the coffeehouse and sat him down and said, "What's wrong?"
"I'm ok needed to get out the house."
"I can believe that but by the way you slammed the door there is more."
"You have been here less than a week and you're questioning me."
"Look you don't want to talk about it fine. I'll tell Jake where you are and you can tell him." Andrew looked like he had been hit with those words Matt had just spoken.
"I can't talk to Jake."
"Why not he's your best mate?"
"I just can't."
"Then tell me or I get Jake. As I can see something is on your mind."



Andrew sat up and started to talk, "What I'm about to tell you must keep to yourself." Matt gave a nod and Andrew continued, "Oh this is hard...when Jake and Kirsten first moved in things were great but as time went on I started to have feelings for Kirsten. The problem is she has never noticed me in that way and throws herself at different guys. At first I thought it was just a faze. Now it's been two years and nothing, I've hidden my feelings well but since you started living at the house and tonight with Avery, I guess I've realised I still have feelings for her."



Matt was in shock, he didn't know what to say other than, "I didn't know and if it's easier for you I'll move out."



"It's not you Matt. Don't move out. I'll just have to come to terms with it. Kirsten doesn't see me like that and learn to move on and hopefully one day I will find someone. I'm not what she wants in a guy. I'm not rich and she is used to money."
"Before tonight I would have believed that but after her and Jake stood up to their Dad, I really think she wants someone to really love. Just tell her the truth."
"I can't tell her. She would just brush me off."
"If you don't; you will regret it. She may even feel the same way as you do."
"I love your romantic ideas Matt but let's face it I'm not her type."

10 comments:

  1. Their Dad seems to be a do-what-I-say-not-as-I-do kind of person. I am not really sure of their background, but Jake stood up to him for his own beliefs and I hope their Dad thinks before really stopping the support for them. Maybe Kirsten is right though, get jobs and cut ties. She is so forward with Matthew, it's good that Hazel didn't see again. Poor Andrew will never know Kirsten's thoughts on him if he never asks. Maybe his first step to peace with his feelings is confronting her, but then sometimes it's easier to never ask and always have that bit of hope. Sad state for him, he seems a really nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      They both dislike their father and by the way he is treating them it is growing into hate. Kirsten is too forward at times but she is right it's time to get a job and support themselves.

      Andrew would love to tell her but the thought of rejection is holding him back. The dream is easier to handle than reality at times.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Does Kirsten even HAVE a type? He should tell her. The worst that could happen would be that she tells him she's not interested, and then he's only right back where he started. Only more, he'd know he tried at least, and he can move on.

    That dad of theirs is a real prick, isn't he? Seems like Matt moved in to drama central!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mypalsim,

    Kirsten I don't think has a type lol. Andrew should tell her I do agree with that and then he will know where he stands. Their father is a real ass and yes poor Matt did move into drama central at least he can say it's not boring.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screaming at the screen "JUST TELL HER DUDE!!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Maybe Andrew will hear you and take your advise lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Andrew needs to tell Kirsten how he feels, Matt's right, if he doesn't he'll regret it. The stories in that house! Matt could write a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      I hope Andrew finds the courage to tell her but if he doesn't I think regret will be a big part of his life.

      What has Matt gotten into and yes there are many stories he could write hehe perhaps a tell all book lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. Hello, I am excited to feature your new story on my blog today! I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I'm glad you like this. There is more drama to follow

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete