Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

1.8 Moving on


"Hay Snow."
Hazel left Matt on the phone as she knew this was something he needed to do.
Hazel had only just got the bottom of the stairs when Kirsten told her to go outside. Once they were outside she asked, "Well did you tell him?"



"Well sort of..."
"What do you mean, sort of?"
"We almost kissed but his phone rang and its his ex on the phone."
"What!! And he answered the damn phone."
"Kirsten I think it's something he needs to do."

"Congratulations Snowie you deserve it. Listen about..."
"It's ok Matt after thinking long and hard and reading your letter you were right you needed to do this. We would have broken up eventually besides when you come home I will have gone back home. I want us to keep in touch."



"I'd like that Snow, I really would. Take care."
"You too. Bye."



Matt went straight to bed after that call and so did the others. He wanted to speak to Hazel but decided now was not a good time. Hazel kept tossing and turning in her bed wondering what was going on.





Jake fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Andrew couldn't sleep either as his feelings for Kirsten were starting to get to him and it didn't help that he was going through a dry spell. He had been tempted a few times to go upstairs and make love to her but with no privacy, his best friend, her brother Jake would kill him. He would have to settle for dreaming for now.



Kirsten lay in her bed wondering would she ever find her Mr right and was he even out there. However, she thought I could still have fun in the mean time. Kirsten had now decided tomorrow was find a job day, any job so she could prove to her Dad she could survive on her own. Then she would treat herself to a date.

Andrew got the mail the next morning and there was a letter for Jake and it read,

Dear Mr Decker,

We received your application to join the fire station and after careful consideration we are pleased to inform you that your training will start at 8am on Monday. While you are training you will be expected to live at the fire house for one week. So please bring some items with you. Food and board will be provided for the duration of your stay.

Once again welcome to the fire service and we wish you every success in your career with us.


Yours sincerely
Mr T. Long



Jake was now on a high, "I got in, I got in."
Kirsten asked, "What are you going on about Jakey?"
"I applied ages ago to the fire service and I because I hadn't heard anything I thought that was it but this letter says I got in."



Kirsten hugged Jake, "I'm so pleased for you. When do you start?"
"Monday and I will be staying there for my training. Where are you going?
"I have a date."
"Kirsten not again, please tell me at least it's the same guy."



"Jakey, it isn't the same guy. Anyway you do the same thing."
"Kirsten it is different. I mean you should have a steady boyfriend."
"Don't tell me to have a steady boyfriend when you don't know what a steady relationship is." yelling at him. 



"Make sure the house is clear this afternoon because if all goes well I'll be bringing him back here." Kirsten stormed out of the house and Jake shouted after her, "Fine sis but be warned this conversation is not over."



Hazel often escaped to the beach to think and today was no exception. Sunbathing usually helped her clear her mind but nothing could help free her mind of last night. 'Why didn't Matt come and talk to me after the phone conversation.  Shit, they are getting back together but I want him. Why are all the good looking guys with a sweet personality taken?



I'm never going to find anyone and with Matt living at the same place, I'm going to so want him. To run my hands...Hazel stop it. It's over before it began and you're going to have to face facts Matt and this Snowie girl are going to be a couple again.' Hazel started to walk home deflated at the thought of what might have been.



Kirsten spotted Hazel and went over to her, "You look miserable. Do you want to talk?"
"Don't you have a date?"
"I do but another 20 minutes won't hurt. Tell me what's up."



"Matt didn't speak to me last night after the call he just went to bed. I want him so much but I think he is getting back with her."
"I just play the field but I think you need to talk to him before jumping to conclusions."
"Kirst, I can't talk to him what would say? Oh I know, remember the kiss that never was...the call from you're ex..."
"Hazel stop it. How do you know Matt is back with her? Are you basing this because he didn't talk to you...just talk to him ok? Now I have to run for my date."
"You need to have a relationship too, you know Kirst."
"I will when Mr Right comes along but I'm going to have fun in the mean time. See you later."

7 comments:

  1. What was Matt congratulating Snowie on? Hazel needs stop acting like such a girl and Kristen needs to stop acting like a man, her man-hopping is starting to make my head ache. Good for Jake for landing the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Maybe Snowie got into college but at least they are on good terms.
      Kirsten is being stupid and the man hopping will get worse before it gets better. Jake is proud of himself at the moment.

      The comment made me laugh for awhile.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
    2. Oh and by the way Hazel is being a real girly girl and should just ask him and get it over with lol

      Delete
  2. I second Val's interest in Matt's congratulation, the council demands to know!!!

    Secondly, everyone is blocking themselves (except Jake). How anyone is ever gonna get any I have no idea. <_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Maybe Snowie got in at college lol Blocking themselves lol. They will get some soon LOL.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Jake needs to stop it with the double standard as far as his sister is concerned. Yeah, he's just concerned for her.

    *glances up at above comments*
    Okay, glad I'm not the only one that doesn't know about the congrats to Snowie. *rofl at Pixx's comment*

    Anyway, where was I?
    Hazel ... poor Hazel. She thinks Matt got back together with Snowie. Nope. He didn't, Hazel. Instead, they had a very dry almost-goodbye, which was a little sad imo. At least they're on speaking terms again, and I hope they can remain good friends if that's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Jake doesn't thinks girls should be like that unless he is on the receiving end :). I think Snowie got into college. Hazel is falling hard and Matt needs to wake up and see how she is feeling. I fell for both of them.

      Thanks for reading:)

      Delete