Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

1.7 Aftermath


Andrew called for the girls as they walked in the door; they were horrified to see the state on Matt.
Hazel demanded to know what happened, "He got into a fight." Jake answered.
"I'm fine; it's just a bit of blood."
Hazel and Kirsten both agreed he needed treatment and Kirsten told him to sit in the living room while they got some stuff to help with the bleeding.


"You could tell him now, while you are treating him."



"Kirst it's not the time or the place." as they went back to living room. Matt sat on the sofa and when Hazel tried to help treat him, Matt yelled, "Leave it I said I was fine."



As the others watched Hazel replied, "I'm trying to help."
Matt was angry and with his harsh tone, "Well I don't need your help, ok."
Hazel ran out of the room in tears and Kirsten stuck up for her and spat back, "She was trying to help you. 



She wasn't the one that upset you so don't take it out on her." The boys had never seen Kirsten defend a friend before and were impressed.
"I think you need to apologise to Hazel." Andrew voiced.
Matt knew they were both right and he went off to find her.
Jake asked when he left the room, "Ok sis, what the hell was that about?"
"I just stuck up for a friend."
"Out with it." Jake insisted
"There is nothing to tell." Jake didn't believe a word but decided to drop it for now.



Matt was banging on the bathroom door, "Hazel, pleased speak to me."



"Go away."



"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just mad at this guy who I don't know."



"I tried to help you...you know be helpful and you throw it back in my face."
"We promised no more yelling and look at us. I know you're still mad at me but I do need to clean my face, please can I come in." Hazel unlocked the door and stood in the doorway looking at Matt.
"The bathroom is all yours." He stared at her and smiled as he passed her. 




Once the door closed he cleaned up and then fell to the floor wondering what just happened between them but put it quickly out of his mind as he needed to sort out what had happened earlier. He called home and Will answered, "Hi."
"Uncle Will is Dad there?"
"No but how's the trip going?




Trying not to sound upset, "Really good."
"Matt, are you sure?"
"It's great and..."


"Matt, I can read minds so don't lie."
"Ok, a guy approached me and asked if my name was Mathew Dark and said we had business to discuss but I don't know him. Then he said something about Uncle Estevan and severing deals, whatever that means."
"What did he look like?" Matt gave him the description and then Will spoke.
"Listen Matt, I'll speak to my Dad then get back to you. Just don't go out on your own."
"What!"
"Matt I mean it."
"Fine but I don't like it."
Hazel was waiting outside the bathroom, "Why phone home and not the police?"



"I don't know but since a young kid, you knew something was not right but never ask questions and any issues tell family first. My Dad's sister married into the family and when Dad and I needed somewhere to stay the family helped out. Why am I telling you all this?"
"Maybe you need to tell someone."
"Well I'm not allowed out without supervision. I'm supposed to be having fun and now this."
"Well you have us to help." Matt smiled at her and suddenly he wanted to kiss her. 



He moved closer towards her. Hazel could see how close he was getting and she started to close her eyes when his phone rang. He couldn't believe the timing but thought it was Uncle Will calling back but the ID said, Snowie.

10 comments:

  1. Normally saved by the bell, but not this time, what rotten timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinky,

      It was bad timing...poor Hazel.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Matt and Hazel made up and almost kissed. Snowie chooses the most awkward of times to call I tell you...She's a kiss-blocker, as Pixx would say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      A kiss blocker lol but very true. Snowie must have her reasons but lets hope Matt is ok with her calling.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Lol @Val well I'm gonna say it anyway, gaddamn you Snowie you blocker!!!

    I went from wanting to punch Matt to wanting to hug him and then along comes Snowie. Don't he know how to push the ignore button, or forget pushing the button, toss the damn phone under the bed and get to kissing your lady dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Snowie does have good timing and yes she is a kiss blocker. Matt being punched 'gasp' Ignore Snowie call ummm I don't think that would be wise or to toss the phone. will he kiss Hazel, fingers crossed

      Thank for reading :)

      Delete
  4. LOL he goes in for the kill and SNOWIE calls. I LOVE IT!!!

    I'm glad for both their sakes that they're getting more daring with one another.

    I wonder what Snowie wants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Yes just when you think they are going to kiss and the ex is calling lol.

      Daring??? There is definitely something in the air between them but will they make it? Snowie calling I don't think will help.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. I'm happy that Hazel and Make made up and I hope to see kissing very soon. What a great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poisonivy,

      I'm glad the two made up and hopefully the kiss is just around the corner and glad you liked it.

      Thank for reading :)

      Delete