Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

1.16 Do I, don't I?


The gym


The last few days had been hell for Andrew and working out wasn't helping. He missed being home but most of all he missed Kirsten. He had made the conscious decision to stay at the army barracks rather than go home. He thought by staying away it would give Kirsten the opportunity to decide what she wanted rather than feel under pressure.
"Here you are." Jake called to Andrew. He turned to face his best mate and replied harshly, "Yeah, you found me. What do you want?"
Jake looked at him and calmly said, "Hay, Andy this is me your best mate. I know how your feeling but don't take it out on me. She will come around."


Andrew sat at another machine, "I miss her Jake but maybe I should move on."
Raising his voice Jake replied, "What! Why?" He stopped working out, "I thought she would call me by now and say either Yes or No but I haven't heard anything. I understand I need to give her space but I'm going out of my mind."
Jake smiled and asked, "You should have told me sooner. Is there anything I can do?"
"Make sure she is ok."
Andrew got up and Jake had an idea and put it to Andrew, "Why don't you take my sister away for a weekend?"
Andrew just stared at his friend and firmly said, "Two reasons one I have no money but the biggest one is your sister and I aren't dating or has that slipped your mind?"
"No it hasn't. I was just thinking time away together, separate rooms, getting to know each other and none of us to interfere."
Andrew thought about it but wasn't convinced, "She won't go away with me besides did you forget I'm broke."
"Ok I get it. I was just trying to help my sister and my best mate get together."
"Thanks, how is Kirsten doing anyway?" 


They left the gym to get a coffee and were walking the short distance to get there. "Kirsten has started back at work and she needs a haircut. I mentioned that to her and almost got my head bitten off because according to my sis, she is growing her hair."
The thought of Kirsten growing her hair made Andrew smile as he'd always thought long hair would suit her. "Jake go easy on your sister after all she has been through enough."


They had reached the coffeehouse and were waiting for their drinks. "How is your fire fighter job going?"
"The training is ok but the guys I have to work with are giving me a hard time properly because I'm new to the station. Are you getting your promotion?"


Andrew sighed, "If I put my arse in gear but my head can't concentrate because of Kirsten." Jake saw his sister walk in and waved to her to come over. 


When she did she sat next to Jake, suddenly there was a silence at the table. Andrew looked at Kirsten and she shyly turned away breaking eye contact with Andrew.
Nervously Andrew complimented Kirsten, "Your hair looks nice."
She turned back to face him, "Thanks. I can't stop guys my lunch is almost over and my boss will kill me if I'm late back."


Andrew thinking she was making it up to get away, "I'll leave. Stay here with Jake." They both stood there for a moment then Kirsten replied, "I am being honest. My boss threatened to sack me when I was late this morning, so I really have to go."
Jake was starting to feel like a third wheel even though the atmosphere was starting to get lighter. He started to walk away when Kirsten asked, "Jakey where are you going?"
"Leaving you and Andy to talk." She looked at Jake with a harsh tone that he knew all too well.
"Sit down, Jakey and finish your conversation with your mate. Andy I'll see you soon."
Andrew kept thinking 'What did she mean by see you soon? Shit she has made her mind up and won't tell me.' Suddenly his mind was in a spin, the thought of her not giving him the chance he wanted. He watched as she walked outside and all he could think was he must do something, anything for her to take notice.


He left Jake behind and went after Kirsten. "Wait."
She stopped and looked at him, "What's wrong?" hoping the subject wouldn't come up.
"What did you mean, see you soon?" Kirsten was puzzled by the question but Andrew fired another question to her before she could react. "Have you thought about what I said?"


Kirsten was thinking what to say after all it was all she could think about. Everyone else thought they would be good together but she didn't want to hurt him and here he wanted an answer. Truth was Kirsten didn't know the answer to the question. As she continued to stare at him the thoughts going through her mind, 'He is good looking; he has a job and he cares for me and lots more.' Kirsten was pulled out of her thoughts by warmth around her. It was Andrew, he had his arms around her waist and his lips were on hers. 


She froze on the spot but she wasn't scared but in shock as she felt the tender touch of the kiss and the firm embrace of his arms holding her into his chest. Then she was standing upright again and Andrew nervously said, "I shouldn't have done that, it's just I wanted you to know how I feel. I'm sorry." Then made his way back inside. Kirsten stood there on the spot and thought, 'First the amazing massage, now that kiss. Don't you mean the best kiss you've ever had? He is definitely not making it easy to say no.' 

6 comments:

  1. Okay Kirsten, listen to that inner voice.. hard to say no... THEN DON'T!

    Still, I have to wonder why she's having these second thoughts. Maybe she's just nervous, maybe she's still freaked out about what happened/almost happened to her. I don't envy her decision. Then again, Andrew is hot so she should just go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Kirsten should take a leap of faith and go for it and I'm surprised why she hasn't I wonder if this kiss will change her mind.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy sigh for Kirsten and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Lets hope Kirsten now says Yes.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. well..... hmmmm....
    Andrew cares for her, and has for a long time. Kirsten is single and has not found the right guy - or - she likes to have lots of guys. She had a trauma and now maybe will see her ways were not so good. But, I don't want to see her going to Andrew just because he feels safe, cares for her and will keep her well. I want to see her go to Andrew, if it's to be, because she has feelings for him, not because of what he can do for her. If family and friends push the point, and she truly doesn't have a feeling for him, then it won't be good for him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Jake and Andrew's relationship!!!

    And yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! It's about time Kristen got something that's good for her.

    ReplyDelete