Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

1.17 A good plan


Andrew sat back down at the table looking all wet, "Are you going to tell me what happened with my sister? Andrew stayed silent for a moment then blurted out, "I kissed her."



Jake impatiently asked, "Well what happened? Are you now dating?"
Andrew took a deep breath and stated, "No because as soon I kissed her I apologized and came back here." Jake was ready to punch his friend, "So you kiss my sister then come back to talk to me rather than sort things out with Kirsten?" Andrew didn't know what to say to Jake as he was right but at the same time he didn't want to put pressure on Kirsten and scare her away. He was about to answer the question when 



Jake interrupted, "Go and see my sister right now before I knock you out for being an ass." Andrew tried to think of a reason why but couldn't.



He could see Kirsten turn the corner as he ran up the road to catch her. “Kirsten.” She turned around and stopped, “Andrew I can’t be late for work.”
Andrew caught his breath and said, “We need to sort things out. When I kissed you, I meant that kiss. I wanted to show you I really do mean what I say." 



Kirsten thought for a moment about the massage and then the kiss and every part of her started to scream more but her head was telling her to say no. If things went wrong then Jake and Andrew would never speak again, "Andrew, about us dating. It can never happen."



Andrew was starting to go to pieces but asked, "Can I ask why?
"I don't want you and Jake to ever stop being best mates." Andrew was now angry and firmly said, "So you are saying no because of your brother?"
Kirsten hated upsetting Andrew because deep down there was no real reason to say no and using Jake as an excuse was lame but she was thinking of them. "It's the way it had to be, I'm sorry." As she walked off, Andrew was confused by her answer. He could sense that it wasn’t the answer she really wanted to give. Andrew knew what ever happened in their relationship; Jake and he would pull through. He had to tell Jake what was going on.



Jake was walking home when Andrew caught up to him. "Kirsten said no because of you."
Jake looked shocked, "What! Are you serious?"
"I think she wants to give it a go but is using you as an excuse." Jake hated seeing Andrew upset and promised to speak to Kirsten.



Jake found his sister home, “Kirsten why did you turn down Andrew?” She could see he was angry at her.  “Jakey, I don’t want to cause trouble between you both.”



Jake was trying to think of a way to get through to his sister. Then he folded his arms and turned to Kirsten and said, “Sis I love you but sometimes you are an idiot. You have a guy who loves you and has laid his heart on the line and the only reason you are saying no is because of me. I want to ask one question and I want an honest answer. Taking me out of this triangle how do you feel about Andrew?”



Kirsten went to the window as she couldn’t look at Jake, “I like him ok. That kiss from earlier I can still feel his lips pressed against mine, his smell.” Then she remembered who she was talking to, “I hope that is an honest answer Jakey but I said no. You can’t go back.”



Jake’s phone started to ring and when he saw the ID he said to Kirsten, “We are going to discuss this but it’s Mum on the phone.”  After a few minutes he hung up, “Is Mum ok?” Jake was in shock, “Mum asked if we wanted to use the house up at Monte Vista as Mum and Dad can’t go.”
“What’s wrong, they always go.” Jake knew he had to tell Kirsten, “Mum found out Dad was cheating on her so Mum gave Dad a choice counselling or divorce. So they are attending counselling to repair their marriage.”
Kirsten was now in shock but pleased, “Let’s hope Dad learns his lesson and they can get through this. As for the getaway that sounds like fun just you and me.”



Just then Hazel and Matt walked in looking all happy. Kirsten asked to have a word with Hazel outside. 
While they were talking Spencer walked in the house, "Mathew, I'm sorry I spoilt your date with..." Even though Matt was pleased to see his Dad he was also angry at him just turning up out of the blue, "Hazel is her name." Spencer saw how small the house was and said, “I can't believe how little privacy you all have."


"Dad you don't have to look so happy about it. I am an adult and remember this travelling thing was your idea."
Spencer looked at Matt and replied, "I know but you’re still my son and I will always worry about you."
"I know Dad but you can stop worrying. As you can see I'm doing great. How long are you staying?
"I'm staying only a few days. Is that is ok? There is a show on at lucky dives tonight. Do you want to see it?"
"I don't know...I don’t mind you staying a few days."
"Kay is performing. That is why I took a few days longer to get here she is really nervous and wants both of us there."
"Wow Kay sings...I haven't seen her since junior school. Would it be ok for Hazel and the other come with us?"
"I'd like to meet your friends and get to know Hazel more." Matt went to tell the others about tonight. 



He found Hazel upstairs sorting through her clothes, "Shame you are out of that bikini!" Hazel turned to look at him and grinned, he pinned her to the wall and asked while kissing her neck, "Fancy watching a show tonight?" Hazel pushed him off and straightened herself out, "I'd love too, is this a date?"
"I'm asking everyone to go but doesn't mean we couldn't leave early and finish what we started." 



Hazel put her arms around Matt and replied, "In that case can't wait." Jake had just walked out the bathroom clearing his throat while he walked by. Hazel went back outside to talk to Kirsten. Matt called after Jake and asked if he wanted to go. “It sounds good but it looks like Kirsten and Andrew won’t be going because they still need to sort things out.”
"I thought they had talked and sorted things out." Matt asked.
"I tried talking to her but she thinks it will ruin things between Andy and me. I can't see what more I could do." Then a thought popped in his head, “There may be something I can do…Anyway see you there.” Matt wondered what Jake was going to do but decided not to ask any questions at this point.


Hazel had come back outside to listen to Kirsten, “Tell me you understand Haz?”
“Kirsten I understand but I do agree with Jake. If your only reason is your brother then I say listen to your heart and give it ago. Remember when you asked why Matt’s uncle would say about your Mr Right just may be Andrew was the person he was talking about.” Kirsten’s phone peeped it was a texted message from Jake, “Can’t leave tomorrow on trip with you. I will be down in the evening instead.”
Hazel asked, “Everything ok?”
“Jake can’t drive to Monte Vista with me but will be down later on. I guess he has to work late.”
“Just promise me you will sort things out with Andrew when you get back.” Kirsten hoped the trip would clear her head once and for all.


Jake was waiting outside the fire station for Andrew. “Did you talk to Kirsten?”
“I think I got through to her but give her a few days. I had a call from my Mum asking if I wanted to use the holiday home in Monte Vista. Kirsten wants to stay home fancy a trip I don’t want to be on my own up there? Only thing is; can you drive down in the evening?”
“I just got my weeks leave. I was hoping to sort things out with Kirsten how long are you going for?” Andrew asked
“I’m planning to go for five days but you can come back earlier and talk to her.” He had to do something and this opportunity was just too good to pass up.
“I’ll come with you just for a few days.” Jake was pleased now all he had to do was keep Andrew away from Kirsten until she left in the morning.


Jake was finishing maintaining the fire truck when Kirsten appeared. “Sis, are you ok?”
Kirsten smiled, “I’m fine just came to tell you I’m going up to the house now. I called Mum and she was ok with it so I’ll see you tomorrow night.” Jake hugged Kirsten and said, “Just think about what we talked about. Drive safely and let me know you got there.”
Kirsten looked at him, “Sometimes Jakey I wonder who is the eldest.” Then she drove away.

11 comments:

  1. ~ Sneaky Jake! It may just work!LOL!
    ~ I wonder,will Andrew stay longer than a few days?????
    ~ Hazel & Matt seems to have gotten over their date hiccup!LOL!
    ~ I am glad his Dad did apologize,but did he have to look so pleased about the lack of privacy in they share house!LOL
    ~ He is a grown man now Dad!
    ~ Love it!LOL! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Jake is being Sneaky but is he doing the right thing. Andrew might stay longer but we will see. Matt and Hazel are just very much for each other at the moment lol. Spencer is realizing his son is growing up but is very happy that history isn't going to repeat itself.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Oh Jakey Jakey Jakey. You sly dog! Well, I guess he'd have to resort to something like that to get those two alone together for more than five minutes at a time. Like Spencer said, there's very little privacy in that house. Still, I was like, "What?! .... WHAT?!" Then I cracked up laughing.

    Hazel and Matt are so cute together.... but they need to get a room LOL.

    Awesome. I can't wait to see what happens in MV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Jake only wants best for his sister and after her admitting that she likes Andrew it gave Jake the perfect opportunity to set them up. Spencer is pleased they have very little time to themselves because he doesn't want Matt to be a teen Dad like he was.

      Matt and Hazel I agree so need to get a room lol

      Thanks for Reading :)

      Delete
  3. oooh sneaky Jake! Nice one!

    ~Mistyfied

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M,

      Jake is being very sneak but will it work :)

      Thanks for Reading :)

      Delete
  4. very sneaky indeed of Jake. I hope it doesn't blow up in his face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      It could blow up in Jake's face or they could be thanking him. Either way I think Kirsten will still yell at him :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. ...Who is the eldest? I always thought Jake was the eldest....I'm upset with Kristen, I thought she was finally going to agree to be Andrew's girlfriend. She's stoopid >_<

    Jake is working that fireman's uniform and he is pure evil!!! I love him! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Kirsten is the eldest. Jake is great isn't he lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  6. I know that Jake is trying to get them together, but I think Kirsten needs to be ready. I hope it doesn't cause more strife, this little plan.

    ReplyDelete