Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

1.22 Still in shock


Andrew was in the park walking back and forth and started talking to himself, ‘Breath Andrew, breath. My grandfather was rich…why did he keep that from me.’



“You know talking to yourself is the first sign of madness.” Mr Davis replied. He knew it was a lot to take in so followed Andrew to see if he was alright.
“Why did he do this?”
“Andrew, your grandfather wanted you to have a normal life. What he meant by that was he wanted you to earn your own money and be happy. He didn’t want you to fall for a girl who was only after your money. Kirsten has feelings for you not because of the money but for you.”
“You do know her family is rich.”



“Yes about that…Your grandfather and Daniel Decker never liked each other. Daniel Decker tried to buy up the company and your grandfather refused even though at the time it was about to go under but he turned the company around and it survived.  He hated that and when your grandfather died again he tried for the company.”
“What are you saying exactly?”
“I’m saying Daniel Decker doesn’t know you are the grandson. He hates the fact his daughter works at the company and he hates anyone dating his daughter without his approval. When he finds out it’s you that own the company he may back off trying to buy it because of Kirsten but it is only her that can get her Dad to back off. He has a soft spot for his daughter not that you’d see it. Rumour was when he first married he adored his wife and when the children were born he spent much time with them. The more money he made for them the worse he became. Your grandfather loved you very much and what he saw happen to Daniel he never wanted that for you. Take some good advice, you can live very comfortable. I say keep your job let the company run how it has been with the occasional appearance but most important love your family.”



Andrew was stunned, “How can I cope with this?”
“There is a team managing the money but keep checking on it from time to time. Before you ask, I think Kirsten will be fine with all this. Shocked like you but fine. Just don’t keep it from her.”



Andrew arrived home and was still in shock when Kirsten started to yell, “I’ve be worried sick you were only going to the solicitors you said. You were going to be another hour you said. Do you know how embarrassing it was being stood up?” Andrew just sat there letting Kirsten blow off steam while Jake was trying to calm her down, “Let the guy breathe sis can’t you see he’s in shock or upset. Give him a chance to explain.” 



Kirsten sat down and Jake was about to leave when Andrew finally spoke, “Jake stay I want you to hear this.” Jake nodded and sat next to Andrew. “Kirst, I’m sorry I didn’t turn up for dinner it’s just the solicitor gave me some news that shocked me.”
“I’m confused, I thought you were there to finalise your grandfather’s estate.”
Andrew started to pace the floor. “Andrew you’re worrying me.” Kirsten said with a concerned look.
“I’ve had a lot on my mind.” 



Sitting on a chair looking at them both, “I was expecting to sign a few papers and that was it but instead he took me to a house, told me to look around and then told me the house was mine and I have money because my grandfather was wealthy.” Suddenly there was silence but Jake broke the silence, “Couldn’t loan us a few quid?” Kirsten glared at her brother, “Trying to make the guy smile.”
“Jake, you are so funny!” Andrew said sarcastically. Jake excused himself because this now concerned his sister and Andrew.



He sat next to Kirsten and asked, “You haven’t said anything.” She smiled at him, “Well at least we got together before you found out. I’m not interested in your money. Remember I told Dad where to stick his.”
“About your Dad…”
“What about him?”
“Ok…The Company you work for your Dad wants it.”
 “I know he does but he needs to stop chasing business and chase after my mum. Anyway, what of it?”
“My grandfather owned the company you work for and now I own it.” Kirsten saw red and yelled, “I work for you. My boyfriend is my boss…If you think you can tell me what to do…”



Andrew pulled her towards him and kissed her then said, “Look this is all new I’m not going to tell you what to do. Apparently I just need to show my face every now and then. I don’t want to build an empire, I just want you.”
Kirsten had a girlish smile over her face, “That’s so sweet. When do I get to see the house you were left then?” Andrew smiled, “I have the keys so let’s go now.”



Once they got there Kirsten couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. The first place she went was the garden because over the last few years she missed not having anywhere to sit in the sun. Andrew hadn’t seen the garden until now and was shocked on the size of it and when he turned the corner he saw a barbeque and counter. Andrew thought he was in a dream but it was dawning on him that this was no dream. 



When he saw Kirsten’s face light up when she was next to the pool he had thought of giving his grandmothers ring but felt it would not be a wise move at the moment. “Andrew, when are you moving here?”
“I can’t live here on my own but you could move in.”
“I don’t know…”
“You can have your own room with a door.” Kirsten couldn’t help but laugh. As he kissed her he added, “I want you to take the main bedroom.”



“I can’t it’s your house.” Andrew kissed her again, “I would rather share a room with you but if we are using the same setup similar to what we do now then seeing you more comfortable is the right thing to do.”
“I look like I have no choice but to accept the room but what about Jakey and the others?”
 “I can put them in the basement.”
“Ha-ha very amusing.”
“I wasn’t joking there are rooms in the basement so they can have their own rooms.”
When the others arrived at the house they were all in shock. Jake was the first to instantly agree to move in. 



Hazel did question it with Kirsten, “I’m fine with it Haz. It’ll be like before but as Andrew said we will all have our own rooms.”
Hazel was in shock, “So you and Andrew aren’t sharing?”
“We want to take our time.” Hazel didn’t respond after all what could she say. So Matt and Hazel went to look at their new rooms. Kay was reluctant at first but Andrew insisted she stayed as there was more than enough room. When the old house sold Andrew wasn’t sure what to do with the money. Jake just advised him to put it in the bank until he knew what he wanted. They all loved the new rooms even if they were in the basement. 



Matt quickly unpacked and then didn’t waste any time heading for Hazel’s room, “Wow Haz, you have a double bed.” Then to Hazel’s surprise Matt closed the door behind him and said, “I have something to ask.”



Jake was trying to listen when Kay walked past rolling her eyes at him. He ran up to her grabbed her putting her against the wall and whispered softly, “When do I get to see your room?” 



7 comments:

  1. ooooooooo!! What is Matt going to ask???
    What an awesome turn of events for everyone involved!! I hope they all enjoy their new house! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      I wonder what Matt is going to ask too lol. I hope they enjoy this house but I have a feeling mischief will play a big part.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that everyone is okay with moving, and I'm glad Andrew is eager to share his newfound wealth. It would feel really weird to him to live alone.

    Woooo... steamy scenes heating up between Matt and Hazel and Kay and Jake. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Andrew would hate to live alone so wanted everyone to come and live with him especially Kirsten.

      Steamy scenes are yes for those couples lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. LOL @ Jake, he'll never stop trying. I think he's very, very sweet, and such a darling. And boy, is Matt generous! I love that now he's rich and all that, he's still thinking about his friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Jake is sweet and really wants Kay. Andrew is not used to money and living alone he would find very boring. Besides there is more drama in a house full :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. These guys are all so amusing. Can't wait to see how the changes affect them.

    ReplyDelete