Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2013

1.61 Looking ahead


Andrew caught Kirsten resting her head on the table, “Do you want to talk about it?” He heard a muffled, “No.”
He went to walk out when he heard Kirsten shout, “I’m cancelling the wedding.” 


He spun around as Kirsten continued, “My mother is not listening apparently I’m having the wedding she wants not what I want. Andrew breathed a sigh of relief and said calmly, “So you still want to marry me but you want it your way?”
“Haven’t you been listening?”
“But you said…”
“I said my mother is driving me insane.” Andrew held her and said, “Come with me.” 


He sat her down and asked, “What do you want?”
“I want the wedding here, I want a small wedding, I want the dress that I’ve always dreamed of having. I don’t want my rich friends here because they are too false and I don’t want this to be a business wedding. Andrew let’s just elope and…” Andrew kissed her and said, “We aren’t eloping, we are having a small wedding here and I will talk to your Mum.”
“But you don’t have family.”
“I have family, they may not be blood related but this full house is my family.”
“Matt and Hazel aren’t here then there is Jake and Kay…”
“Kirst, our wedding will be perfect. Matt is home because Heather died and Hazel went with him. He will be gone awhile but he wouldn’t miss our wedding and as for Jake and Kay they will be fine besides the wedding is 10 months away.”
“Are you counting down our wedding?”
“Of course…”


“We can’t get the wedding planned in 10 months,” she started to pace the floor. “The wedding won’t be the way I want it and it will be ruined.” Andrew grabbed her and sweetly said, “It will be perfect because I’m marrying you.”
“You’re after something, And.”
“Yes I am…see there it is that beautiful smile.”


Jake went to pick Kay up from her counselling session and when she opened the door her counsellor was at the door with her. “You must be Jake?” 


He looked shocked and just nodded as the counsellor added, “Kay talks about her family as well as you, it’s nothing to be alarmed at. Kay, remember what we talked about today!”
“I will,” as she walked hand in hand with Jake. Once they were by the car Jake asked, “Do you always talk about me?”
“Not always but sometimes.” 


Jake had many thoughts running through his head as he drove them home when they were in the living area of the basement Jake had to ask, “Kay, what do you say about me?”


“Different things…”
“Like…?” Kay shrugged her shoulders and replied, “How we met, our sex life that is now non-existent.” Jake almost choked but stayed calm while he asked, “What have you said?”
Kay couldn’t help but tease a bit, “I don’t say anything bad, if that’s what you mean.”
“Oh so it’s all good then.” Kay nodded her head with a smile, “Yes it’s all good.”
“You know it’s nice to see you smile again and tease me. The sessions must be helping…”
“They are and I even talked about returning to uni…”
“But Kay…” Kay cupped his face, “I’m not returning for a few months yet but I will start soon from the local hospital then if I feel comfortable then I will go back.”
“I just don’t want you…”
“I know but he can’t win please try and understand.”


“Matt said you would go back but I didn’t think it would be so soon. Listen I have been thinking since all this happened and…” Jake got up and started to pace the floor as he tried to find the right words, “This isn’t going to be easy to say and please don’t take what I have to say the wrong way but…” Kay cut him off and said, “Don’t break up with me, I love you.”
“What no that wasn’t what I was going to say,” 


Kay fell to the sofa as she listened intently to Jake. He crouched down beside her and said, “My Dad gave me some advice and well I want to try use that in our situation but it is difficult because I’ve never said this to a girl before but what would say if we agreed to hold off on the sex part of our relationship until the counselling was finished or until our first year of being together, whichever comes first?”
Kay sat there stunned and replied, “Wow, you would really do that for me, for us?”
“I will try.” Kay laughed and said, “There is the Jake I know but what if I’m ready before that?”
“Then let me know but I just wanted you to know the pressure is completely off for you.”


Kay cuddled into him and said, “Thank you.”

“Any time Kay any time,” as they settled to watch TV together.

6 comments:

  1. Oh the fluff! heh.... Kirsten's wedding will be nice, I am sure. She has a mean Mother to try and plan a wedding that isn't even her own.

    Kay will get well and Jake will be patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Fluff lol...Kirsten will have a nice wedding I'm sure. Her mother just isnt listening at the moment but hopefully she will.

      Jake loves Kay so is planning to stick around.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I may be a girlie-girl, but I didn't put much thought into my wedding. I wanted the end result. If everything was nice, I was happy.

    Then my mother took control
    because I didn't.
    I didn't care what my wedding cake looked like except that I wanted more than one tier and enough to feed everyone.
    I didn't care what was served at my reception.
    I picked my dress, and I didn't care that it was secondhand.
    I picked the location: the church where I grew up. Those were the 2 things I cared about as far as plans went.
    Everything else, I left to her, and she drove me CRAZY!

    So, in a way, I understand Kirsten's frustration with her mother. Smaller weddings are better, imho. I do not understand people that will spend a small fortune on one day when it could be better served as a downpayment on a house. And -no matter what- no day is going to be completely, totally perfect, and expecting it to be sets you up for frustrated disappointment. Just go with it and don't become a Bridezilla. The day itself is not what the wedding is about. If you wind up married at the end of it, it's a success. -just my two cents, I'll step off my soapbox now hehe. :)

    Jake is getting sweeter all the time. Kay is a lucky woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      My wedding was at a registry office then at a small restaurant. My Mum didn't arrange anything other than my flowers lol.
      Kirsten and her Mum drive me CRAZY lol The day will be perfect as in Andrew and Kirsten will be getting married and have eyes for each other :)
      Jake is being very sweet.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I think Kirsten should have the wedding that she wants, after all it is her day, and no point in pleasing others if she's going to end up miserable on her wedding day, and I think planning the wedding is the fun part too, and her mom is obviously taking away all her fun.

    Anyway, it's great to see Kay being so relaxed again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val,

    I hope Mother and daughter can come to see things from each others view but Kirsten is getting married and I hope in a way Laura will back down and just help when needed.
    Kay is getting there :)

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete