Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

1.62 Jake admits the truth


Andrew had just finished cooking the food on the barbeque, then he called everyone over and that’s when the arguments started. Laura had said something when Kirsten yelled, “Stop it, I want the wedding my way.”


“Kirsten, be reasonable you can’t have the wedding here…” Dan and Andrew looked at each other and then back at mother and daughter arguing.
“That dress we saw suited you better than the one you picked.” Dan turned to Andrew and said which one of us is going to intervene?”
Andrew let out a sigh and said, “Both of us?”
“Agreed.” 


Suddenly the woman stopped when Daniel raised his voice, “Laura who is getting married?”
“Our daughter but…” Dan interrupted her, “But nothing, I’m sure the ideas that Kirsten has will be beautiful and besides don’t you want to help…not take over but help? Remember your mother!” Andrew then added, “Laura, please work with Kirsten on this. We want the wedding here and I don’t want to see her upset anymore because you are fighting.”


Laura looked at Kirsten and quietly asked, “Have I been that bad?
“Yes Mum you have, I want this small beautiful wedding here at home but I need your help. I hate fighting with you.” Laura hugged her daughter and replied, “Me too, ok we can do this and your wedding will be perfect.” Laura looked over at Andrew and smiled. The back gate opened and Andrew heard Mr Davis call out.


“Mr Davis, what are you doing here?”
“I still help run your affairs Andrew and your business still needs you to sign the tax returns and don’t forget the board still want to meet you.”
“I’m not cut out for business…”
“I understand this Andrew but they want to see who they are working for.” He turned to Daniel and said, 


“Have you finally retired?”
“Yes, Kirsten and Jake took over the business and I was supposed to be on holiday but Jake wasn’t well so we came back but will be leaving soon.”
As Mr Davis left Jake and Kay came to join them. 


Kirsten asked, “Did you kick his butt out of bed.” Kay laughed, “No he woke me up.” Kirsten raised an eyebrow and dragged Kay to the other end of the garden to ask her questions.


Meanwhile Jake was being questioned by Andrew, “Did you get it?” Jake’s face changed to angry and in a firm voice said, “Not now Andy…”
Dan intervened, “Not now Andy, what?”


Jake lowered his head on the counter without saying anything, “Andrew, what are you talking about?” Jake looked up at Andrew and said, “Big mouth.”
“I didn’t know you hadn’t said anything to Dan.”
Dan demanded, “Would someone tell me what is going on, please?” Jake stared at Andrew and then took a deep breath and said, “I bought a ring for Kay just before things kicked off but it’s stayed in the draw because it doesn’t seem right.”


Dan was in shock, “Do you mean you want to get engaged to Kay?” Jake just looked at his Dad as Dan continued, “You say you don’t have money…”
“I went to the jeweller’s you have an account with and put it on your account but now I’ve got the money to pay you back, two paydays it cost…”
“And he’s been living rent free for two months because of it.”


“Jake!”
“I know Dad but when I saw the ring it was Kay and I couldn’t leave it there.”
“Does your sister know?”
“Miss gossip, hell no. She’d tell Kay before Kay got the ring.”
“How much do you owe me?” Jake took a deep breath and said, “Almost $3,000…” Dan almost choked but replied, “Transfer the money into my account by the weekend and see me first before you buy on my account next time.”


Kay asked, “Where are you having the wedding?” Kirsten smiled and said, “Here…”
“Aww Kirsten it’s going to be so beautiful.” Laura nervously voiced, “You could have the wedding arch down here or front of the fountain.” 


Kirsten smiled at her Mum, “That could work but what about my dress?”
“We could look again…”
“I have a day off tomorrow can we look then?” then she looked at Kay and asked, “Would you come and help me?”
“I don’t know…”


“Please because I need one of my bridesmaids to help me.”
“Me a brides…I couldn’t…I mean...”
“You can and you are, please.”
“If you are sure then I’d love too.” 

6 comments:

  1. The little extended family has a lot to think about. Lots happening in the world of their romances. Glad to see that the mother/daughter fighting should be stopped now. The wedding can go on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      A lot is going on Mother and daughter are resolving their issues I hope :) Wedding plans yay

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Good that Laura and Kirsten got over that spat so easily.
    :D Jake bought a ring. Has that been mentioned yet? Maybe I forgot. Still, it IS a bit soon to jump into this. Hopefully, he can still find just the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Jake bought a ring but hasn't asked her yet lol. Jake sees what he wants and goes for it but Kay is different, he wants to ask but feels with whats happened with her he cant at the moment :(

      There maybe more fights but hope not

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, yes, yes. I'm glad they finally called Laura to order, and she's agreed to do things Kirsten's way. I like the idea that Jake bought a ring, but maybe he should wait and take things at Kay's pace, I'd hate for all the progress they've made to come crashing down all around them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Laura was put in her place over this. Jake got Kay a ring but has put asking her because of what has happened to her. Will he ever ask? I hope so one day but not yet.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete