Pages

Wednesday 4 December 2013

1.60 What you need right now


Jake walked in the door with a grin on his face and Andrew asked, “Please tell me by that grin, you were with Kay last night?”
“And, it was a great night. I’d still be there if it wasn’t for that meeting, so Kirsten and I can take over the company.”
“You’d better hurry the limo will be here shortly.” 



Jake sat on his bed thinking about Kay, ‘Stupid bloody meeting, I wanted to spend the day with her.’ He heard a noise and wondered what it was until he realised it was his phone was vibrating. He saw the ID was Kay and smiled as he said, “I was just thinking about you…”



“You took off…”
“I’m sorry but I have this stupid meeting but as soon as I’m done I’m all yours.” He heard Kay giggle, “It wasn’t that funny.”
Kay composed herself and said, “It was when you said I’m all yours, bit. Dad is taking Tracy out tonight and I don’t want to be alone, can I stay at yours tonight?”



“I would love that. I’ll pick you up when I’m done ok?”
“I’ll see you then.”



When Jake got upstairs he found his Dad and Kirsten waiting, “Since when does it take you this long to get ready, son?”
“Dad, I was on the phone to Kay and right now I’d rather be with her than going to the meeting.”



Kirsten butted in, “When is she coming home?”
Jake smiled as he replied, “She wants to stay tonight.”
Dan interrupted before Kirsten could say anything, “Remember my advice Jake, go at Kay’s pace not yours.”
Jake nodded at his Dad and firmly said, “I remember everything you said.”



A few hours after the meeting took place, Jake went to pick up Kay and found her staring at an empty fire place. He sat next to her and asked, “Are you ok?” Kay snapped out of her thoughts and just smiled at Jake. As she got up to get her things Jake got up behind her and calmly said, “Kay, talk to me. What were you so deep in thought over?”



“How much I loved last night and if you and I kiss, well…that I might not want to stop but you might think I’m cured if I wanted more.” 



Jake walked over to her and pulled Kay close, “I think just being together is what you need right now.”



Matt wrapped his arms around Hazel and asked, “Are you ready to go back to university?” Hazel made herself more comfortable in Matt’s chest and replied, “Yep, but there is something else right?”
“What would you say if I asked my Uncle to still give us the business?” 



Hazel shot up and looked at him, “You want to move back home?”
Matt stood his ground, “No but I think a head start for us would be good. I’ll see if a business can be started here.”
“But we discussed this…”



“No you discussed this. I just went with what you said but have felt uneasy about it since.” 



Hazel sat on the chair and said softly, “Ok I’ll listen.” Matt looked away as he sat on the bed and replied, “I want us to have a future, a home of our own but even with a university degree, I might not get the money needed for a place for us, not straight anyway. If I had this business it might be just the right start we need. Do you understand?”
Hazel looked at Matt and said, “I will have a degree as well…”
“But you want to try for a baby when we leave and I did agree.”
“I can hold off wanting a baby for a little while.” 



Matt pulled Hazel to her feet and said sweetly, “I wouldn’t want you to do that…” Hazel buried her head in his chest and said, “Your Uncle will own you and you will never be free.”
Matt lifted her face so they had eye contact and said, “Uncle Estevan isn’t like that, not with family anyway.”
“He scares me.”
“He likes you but what do you say us having that business but here in Lucky Palm?” Hazel smiled at Matt and replied, “You are a very hard man to say no too.”



Matt kissed her and cheekily said, “I know that’s why you said you’d marry me. Can I phone him and discuss my ideas?”
“If we can stay here then I don’t mind.”

8 comments:

  1. It's nice that Jake and Kay are working through her issues.
    It isn't so nice that Matthew and Hazel seem to bounce from step 3 to 1 to 4 to 1. I know he cares about her, but my thought on Hazel right now is that she is super clingy and weighs on Matthew like a rusted anchor. I guess as long as Matthew likes it, it's all ok. I think I am still angry at her for the stunt she pulled trying to trap him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Jake and Kay are great together :)
      As for Mathew and Hazel...he loves her, I sometimes question why? Hazel loves Mathew but feels she is inadequate for him and that he deserves better until she realises that Mathew has only eyes for her then she may never learn. Hopefully the trip home may open her eyes.
      I'm mad with her too for pulling that stunt.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ I agree with Zhipp on this!
    ~ Matt is only thinking of their future & his Uncles are not out to control him,once they stepped in,but that was because he was going bad & they only want the best for family,even extended family,like Matt & his Dad!
    ~ So know I know why Matt is going home!LOL! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      His family are only thinking of him and they want to give him the importunity they never had. \going home will be a good idea and hopefully Hazel will understand things more.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I can understand where Hazel is coming from. Maybe I'm alone in this. Oh well. Nothing new there :P
    The way I see it, she's worried that Estevan (someone who scares her) is going to come in like some mob boss and start ordering Matt around, and her Matt is going to disappear. Now, WE know that's not true, but she's not us.

    I'm so so so so so etc glad that Jake and Kay are even more on the mend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Estevan was a Mob boss lol but yes Hazel is scared of him. I think once they meet and clear the air that might help Hazel. Yes we all know that he wont boss Matt around but poor Hazel doesn't although I do wish she would trust Matt a little more than she does at times. Jake and Kay are great.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I'm very happy to see that Jake is really prepared to take things at Kay's pace, the last thing he should do now is to push her and scare her off. For a sec I was worried about Hazel and Matt, I'm glad they've reached an understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val,

    Jake loves Kay very much and will take his time. Matt and Hazel I hope will be ok.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete