Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2014

1.64 Kay's shock




Kay just stared at the box holding the ring and couldn’t take her eyes away from it’s sparkle until she heard Jake say, “Kay I can explain.” 



Kay looked over at Jake then panic set in so she quickly shut the box and said, “I have to put this book with the others.” She ran past Jake down the hallway, he tried to call after her but she didn’t respond. 



He fell to the floor and kept thinking, ‘You fucking idiot, now she has seen the ring, she is mad with you or upset and you have ruined everything. Don’t just sit there go and see if she is ok and try to explain.’



He opened the door and saw Andrew standing there, “Kirst, sent me to get you guys for dinner, she wants to welcome Kay home.”
“Kay found the ring…”
“Shit, what did she say?”
“I’ve messed things up and she ran off, I have to fix this before I lose her…”
“Are you asking her NOW?”
“No but I have to explain.”
“Ok I will stall Kirsten just texted me when you and Kay are coming up…well I hope you do or your sister will start the questions.”



Jake knocked Kay’s door and waited for a response, there wasn’t any so he knocked again and finally he heard a quiet, “Come in.” 



He saw her curled up so he sat on a chair and asked, “Are you angry at me?” Kay just shook her head and then Jake said, “Kay, please say something, anything.”
“How long have you had the ring?” 



Jake didn’t want to answer but took a deep breath and replied, “Since our third week together. When you started university that’s what triggered me off and…”
“Why didn’t you ask me then?”
“We had that fight and when that guy tried his luck and then him…It just seemed the wrong time. I thought about it but I want to ask you just when it is right for us with no complications.”
“It is a beautiful ring, I’m sorry I panicked. I just had a million and one things going through my head. You are right thought, it isn’t the right time for us and to think you made such a decision after only a few weeks.”
“Can you forget you saw the ring?” 



He offered Kay his hand as she pulled herself up into his arms. He held her tightly and Kay replied, “No but I can pretend.” 



Suddenly Kay kissed Jake passionately and at first Jake didn’t move but let Kay’s lips press softly on his, then he felt her arms glide across his back, and then Kay whispered in his ear, “Thank you for being you.” Jake savoured this moment as it had be a long time since Kay had initiated any intimacy between them. “Kay, aren’t you hungry?” Kay looked at him sweetly and said, “I guess we better go and eat before your sister sends a search party.”



A few hours later after Kirsten had made her fuss Jake and Kay made their way back to their rooms. Kay sat on her bed staring at her door and thought, ‘He wants to marry me someday, wow. Then all I do in return is just a kiss! Kay does this guy mean anything to you? Ok true you agree being engaged would be too soon but since everything kicked off all you have done is cuddled him, held hands and now kissed. Why are you stopping there when you know how much you are screaming inside for more?’



She picked up the phone and dialled her professor, “Did I wake you?”
“No I was marking papers, are you ok?”
“Can I talk to you?”
“Is it about your boyfriend?” Kay fell silent and then replied, “Yes it is, he came up with the idea no pressure and we’d have sex again once counselling was over or on our first anniversary. I was fine with that but then today I discovered a ring in his draw. We talked about it and he admits it was an engagement ring but he didn’t think it was the right time to ask me. I agreed but I kissed him for being sweet and that kiss…I’m confused.”
“About the ring or wanting him?”
“Both.”



“The ring is something I believe he wants to give you when the time is right, seeing the ring was a shock but remember Kay you weren’t meant to see it yet. It doesn’t mean he loves you less for not giving it to you. He got the ring because he loves you but properly feels he needs to wait until you are back on track. The feelings you are experiencing are for someone you genuinely want to be with right now. They are growing and the more time you spend together the stronger they will become. You have to remember sex is a small part of your relationship.”



“I just want to go to him right now and be with him.”
“Then what is stopping you?” Kay thought for a moment and said, “I might run off or panic and he will hate me.”
“You need to explore these feelings but you also need to grow together so when the time is right, you may panic slightly but his touch, smile or something he says to you will reassure you at that moment that you are ready to be together intimately again.” 

Thank you to Mypalsim for the Looking at the ring box pose :)

3 comments:

  1. I love the shots her of her looking at the box. It's a shocking moment, but at the same time, it was hilarious because of all the things going on.

    "But I can pretend" Awwwww! I love that! hehe. pretending works most of the time...or pretending to pretend. But I'm about to get really confusing/confused. :)

    Aw, Poor Kay. She just needs to go and make out. She doesn't have to have sex, but they sure as hell can go make out at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      The picture of her looking at the ring was great and thanks for the pose. She will try and pretend but how long will that last lol
      She does need something and making out will be a good start because at the moment she is all over the place :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, good girl Kay, I'm glad she didn't blow things out of proportion and she didn't agree to marry him (not that he asked of course), but she's right, she still has a lot of internal stuff she needs to sort through.

    ReplyDelete