Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

1.66 Goodbye


Andrew had stayed quiet all evening and when they were in their room, Kirsten started to kiss him and said, “I know what you need so come to bed and let’s have some fun.” 



Andrew closed his eyes as he let his hands do the talking but as they got to the bed he stopped and pulled Kirsten’s hands away from him. She looked at Andrew puzzled and asked softly, “Are you seeing someone else?”



Andrew was shocked and sat on the end of the bed, “No I’m not. I love you baby it’s just…” He stopped himself then Kirsten sat close to him and asked, “Talk to me And, please!” As Kirsten’s panic grew with the silence she added, “It’s the cost of the wedding isn’t it? I will stop spending just please talk to me and please let’s making love I miss it.”



Andrew started pacing and finally said, “I’ve been called up….” Kirsten stood up and sadness crept across her face, “What do you mean?” 



Andrew looked at her, “Kirst, you know I’m in the army so you know what being called up means.” Kirsten fell to the floor and Andrew ran to her side, “I will be allowed time off for the wedding and honeymoon so I will be home.”
Kirsten tore herself away from Andrew’s arms and started to yell, “Oh good you’ll be home for our wedding. What about you being here with me until our wedding? You will need to pick a suit, see you can’t go.”
“I know you are upset…”
“Upset me! No I’m not upset I’m livid. You haven’t been you for the last few days and I knew something was wrong. I thought by you and I not making love the last few days, was you sleeping with another woman but I see that I was wrong. When do you leave?”
“In the morning.” 



Andrew grabbed Kirsten and kissed her before she could say anything else or object. She suddenly forgot that she was angry with him and let her body take over. 



Kirsten pulled him on top of her so they both fell onto the bed and as she ran her hands over his chest, she choked back the tears as it occurred to her that he may never return home. She quietly asked, “And, don’t use anything tonight because if you…” but he stopped her with a passionate kiss and sweetly replied, “I will be home then we can start our family once we are married, just like we planned.”



“But what if…” As she rolled on top of him looking into his eyes. Andrew brushed back her hair behind her ear and in a soft voice said, “There are no if’s Kirst. You will be what drives me to come home. Let’s enjoy our time together before I have to go.” Kirsten just stared for a moment then kissed him deeply. 



Andrew held her tighter than he ever had before as he had never felt such emotion. He didn’t want tonight to end and thought of leaving Kirsten was tearing him apart.
He had always wanted to be part of the armed forces but never realised that if he was in a serious relationship, that he might have to leave for a time and now it was here he just wanted to stay. Andrew realised that for him his career in the army had come to an end and when he finished his service he was going to hand in his notice.



The morning came too fast, Kirsten was too upset and when Andrew tried to pull her close again she got up and said, “You will need breakfast before you go.” 



When Andrew got downstairs he tried to talk to Kirsten but she ignored him.
Andrew stood by the door and turned back to Kirsten and softly said, “I love you and I will be back to marry you.” Kirsten couldn’t stand the thought of him leaving and turned her back on him, “Andrew you’d better go.” When she heard the door shut behind him she thought of everything that they had been through and how much she loved him and she couldn’t let him leave without knowing that she did love him. 



Kirsten ran after him shouting his name. He stopped and put his bag down turning around. Kirsten jumped into his arms and through tears said, “I love you too Andrew and always will but you if you don’t come back for our wedding the enemy will be the least of your worries.”
“I know,” kissing her passionately again before he had to let her go. “And out of the two places we were looking at for our honeymoon either will be fine. I’ll write to you every day, ring when I can and I’m going to miss you so much.”
“The nights will be lonely but if you can come home earlier you will, right?”



“Kirsten, remember I love you.” As he let her go but Kirsten didn’t want to say goodbye and cupped his face, “Please be home soon and I’ll pick the honeymoon spot you really liked because we’d have more fun that way.” Andrew smiled at her and kissed her once more savouring every detail of her.
“I’ll be home before you know it.” 



Kirsten stood there watching Andrew walk away and shouted after him, “I love you.” He spun around and blew her a kiss then waved.
When Kirsten got back to the house the silence was horrible, her stomach was in knots and her heart was breaking. Kirsten decided there and then to put all her efforts into making it a good wedding. She picked up the phone and rang Hazel, “When are you coming home? I need to go shopping and I need my best friend.”
“We are on our way home but Spencer and Tracy are staying for a while longer but what’s wrong?”
“Andrew was called up and I need you to take my mind of him.”
“Ok, I promise we’ll go shopping.” 



After the call Kirsten looked out the window hoping that she’d see Andrew walking back but it soon dawned on her that he wasn’t coming back just yet.   

5 comments:

  1. Poor Kirsten. They should have eloped before he left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      I think you are right but I hope he comes home soon.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. You'd better not kill him. >:|
    ....
    Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      I'm glad you like Andrew...I don't want him dead either

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Aw, what a bittersweet chapter, I hope Andrew makes it back home safe and sound and they have a fabulous wedding and an equally awesome honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete