Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

1.68 The ultimate gift

Matt was working on his course work as he and Hazel had a lot to catch up on when Hazel leaned over and asked, “Are you finished yet?”



“Almost,” then he saved his work and pulled Hazel onto his lap and kissed her and asked, “Did you finish your work?”



“Yeah I did but only just. We missed so much…” Matt put his finger on her lips and said, “I have had enough with coursework today…”
“Do you want to get more comfortable?” Hazel asked as she dragged him to the bed. 



Matt smiled at her stroking her cheek, “Are you sure?” Hazel responded by kissing Matt deeply, moving her hand down his back. She then removed his shirt and said, “I love you of course I’m sure.”
Matt removed Hazel’s top and ran his hand down her side and she jumped slightly, “What’s wrong?”



“Your hand was cold.” Matt let out a faint laugh and said smugly, “Let’s warm them.” He kissed her with passion as he moved his hand down her chest, brushing past her stomach and inside her trousers. As he moved his hand Hazel held on tighter and deepened the kiss as it became more intense.
Hazel whispered in his ear, “It needs to be now.” 
Matt was in shock but it had be awhile since they had made love and with all the emotion lately it wasn’t too surprising that it was going to be heated and quick. 



Matt helped Hazel remove her trousers as well as his own. As he went deep inside her, she let out a scream that was both intense and satisfying. Then Matt let out a moan as he came with Hazel then kissed her softly once more.



“Why do you need to see me?”
“As you know Spencer is helping his brother in-law and that is why he asked for me to speak to you.”
Matt looked at Jake and then at Mr Davis, “Why do I need to be here?”
“He wanted a family member here as he couldn’t be here himself and Kay he is really sorry about this. This was something he wanted to do in person. Here is what he hopes will be a birthday gift you’ll like.” He handed an envelope and inside were papers, Kay looked puzzled at Jake. 



He held her tightly and asked, “What is this?”
“It will be odd to hear but when I was asked, I did research for Spencer and found out it was possible but only with your consent, in other words if you sign the documents. What Spencer wants to do is adopt you Kay.” The room fell silent and Kay was in shock, Matt was puzzled and then Kay asked, “What!”
Mr Davis replied, “Spencer thought after everything you had been through and the fact you do think of him as your Dad, this might be something you’d consider so legally he’d become your parent.”



Hazel was concerned about Matt and asked, “Are you ok?” Matt looked at her and said, “I’m still trying to process this in my head.” He looked at Kay and asked, “How do you feel?” She looked at him and said, “I’ve always thought of you as family but I never thought it could be made legal, especially as an adult.” She then spoke to Mr Davis, “Why are there two documents in front of me?”



“Your Dad told me how you felt about Mathew and asked for two sets to be drawn up. The one document will mean Spencer becomes your Dad as I said before but the second document means both Spencer and Tracy, Mathew’s parents become your parents too. He wanted to give you the choice. However it was to be stressed to you that Tracy would never replace you Mum whom you loved so much and you could still call her Tracy. If you choose to sign neither of the documents, Spencer also wanted to say that he would always think of you as a daughter and on his part nothing would change but the choice is yours.”



When Mr Davis left, Kay just stared at the two documents in front of her. Jake asked, “What is on your mind?”
Kay looked at him, “Strange question considering…I’m just in shock.” 


She glanced at Matt and asked, “How do you feel about all this?”
“Same as you shock but thinking about it, you are my sister so it just means it would be real. Would you have the same surname as me?”
“I never thought about that…” Hazel then spoke, “Kay, the more I see you and Matt together you very like siblings. I think you should at least think it over.”
“You are right he is like a brother but I want quality time with Matt on my own.” Hazel replied, “I know you do and I’m ok with that.” She then turned to Jake and asked, “Would you be ok with me signing the papers?”
“I want you to be happy but if you want my honest opinion then if it helps ease that bastard from your life then I say go for it.”



Kay got up and walked out towards her room; Jake followed her and said quietly, “I didn’t mean it like it sounded.” Kay looked at him and said, “Yes you did but I’m not mad at you. I’m just thinking about this as it’s all a shock. I thought the next time I changed my name would be when I got married, not adopted.”



Jake smiled and replied, “That does seem funny. The decision is yours and I know you will do what is right for you.”
Kay kissed him and replied, “Thank you.”

4 comments:

  1. Would her last name remain the same if she got adopted after she were married?
    Glad for Matt and Hazel that they are getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Kay could change her name to Dark if she wanted but I think she is used to her surname but when she gets married she might want to change her name then.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. My head is spinning faster than Kay's right now. I understand why they want to adopt her, but I also don't. I know, that doesn't make sense, what I mean is, this adoption business sounds so complicated, and since they already see each other as family they don't need a piece of paper to make it all the more real? If she was still a little girl I'd understand, but Kay's practically a grown woman. Dunno. Confused. And shocked. But thrilled at the same time that maybe she'll finally feel like she belongs somewhere and wanted even?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      I can understand the confusion but for this chapter I did my research and was shocked that in the real world adoption takes place with adults and it is more common than we realise.
      As for Kay, I think Spencer wanted her to feel more part of the family by giving her this choice. Kay will make the right choice.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete