Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

1.70 The past

Thirty Two years ago



“Raise your hands together in a toast to Major John Morgan who will be much missed at the base.” They all cheered as John looked around at his army mates, “I can’t believe my time in the army has come to an end but now it’s time to take on the business world.”



One of the solders saw movement from upstairs and thought it was strange considering everyone was present so decided to investigate. He opened the door to find a young girl backed against a wall, “Miss, are you alright?”
She was nervous and quietly said, “Ye...ye...yes, thank you but you can’t be here.” He closed the door staying where he was and asked, “Why aren’t you downstairs with the guests?”
“Do you see any females down there Corporal?”



“I guess not. My name is Andrew, Andrew Reid and you are?”
“Louise Morgan…”
“You are Major Morgan’s daughter…shit if he catches me up here I’m in trouble.” Suddenly she laughed, “You aren’t afraid of my father are you?”
“We all are I mean he is a nice guy but he is also scary too. Hang on weren’t you nervous a few minutes ago?”



“You made me laugh so I’m not now, Andrew.” He moved closer and asked, “Are you sure you want company?”
Louise moved closer and said sweetly, “I’d welcome the company.”
“How old are you?”
“I’m seventeen and you?”
“Almost twenty.” 



He saw something in her that he’d never seen before and was fascinated, “May I kiss you?” She looked at him in the eye and smiled, without saying anything more Andrew kissed her.

A few months later



“Get out of my house, Corporal Reid.”
“Sir, I know you are angry but…”
“You were welcomed into my home and you get my daughter pregnant and you think you can explain it away.”



“Sir, please…I want to marry your daughter, I love her.” John was angry and yelled, “When you love a girl you date her first not impregnate her then marry her.”
Andrew was trying to explain but John wouldn’t let him, “Stay away from my daughter and the child she is carrying, you will never know.”



“You can’t do that to me, I’m the father.”
“I’m taking my daughter away from Lucky Palms so take one last look because you will never see her again.” 



When Andrew was pushed out the door he tried to get back in but John stood by the door. He heard his daughter plea, “Daddy, I love him and he loves me please let me marry him. He will be a good father.”



“One day Louise, you will marry but not to him. I know you think I’m being harsh but I have your best interests at heart and that of my grandchild you are carrying.”

Six months later

Louise was resting on the bed when her Dad walked in. 



He went to the crib and lifted his grandchild and said, “You have made me proud, Louise. Have you thought of a name for him?”



“Daddy, I want to name him after Andrew…” The glare she got from him was unmistakeable but when he looked at his grandson and saw those eyes looking back his heart melted, “Very well Louise, you can name him after Andrew but he has to have the family surname.”
“After his Dad?”



“His surname will be Morgan not Reid.” He looked at the baby and smiled, “Andrew Morgan, you have a good name their son, make your Grandfather proud.”

Present day



“Why did you never go after her?”
“I was an idiot who should have fought harder. A few years later she married an asshole when Andrew was young so he thought that man was his Dad. I only learnt that Louise and her husband had died when I came back. I went to see John but he still refused to let me see my son.”
“Didn’t John die when Andrew was a teen?” 



“Andrew was eighteen when he died but the only proof is in the house my son lives in. John hid his real birth certificate that names me as his father.” The room fell silent as the door opened and the officers brought Andrew inside, “Corporal Morgan.” 

8 comments:

  1. Sad and interesting. I wonder what impact this will have on Andrew, good or bad. He will probably feel wronged, which he was, sort of. Tough situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Andrew will be in shock at first how he will take it will be the chanlenge.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Very gripping indeed this chapter, I think many people can relate to having something you love ripped away from you.
    LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IvoryButterfly,

      I'm glad you liked the chapter, it was nice to an insight into Andrew's families past.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. O.O
    ooooooo! I can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Glad you like this.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, Andrew's world is about to be turned upside down by this revelation. I can just see it now. It's sad that both father and son were robbed of a lifetime together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Andrew may have mixed feelings when he finds out. You are right father and son were very robbed.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete