Pages

Wednesday 5 December 2012

1.11 Found out


Two weeks later



Jake was still in training at the fire station but Kirsten missed her brother. She felt she couldn't rely on anyone but him. Hazel was there as much as she could be but she only wanted Jake. When Matt or Andrew offered to keep her company she knew deep down they meant well and wouldn't hurt her but she wasn't sure if she could trust them.  



Since the incident she refused to leave the house and when Kirsten was left alone the images of being forced on the bed and almost raped haunted her.
It was getting to the point that staying home was getting too much. She made some food and went to the room to eat when she saw Andrew watching TV.
Andrew saw the fear in her eyes as she sat as far away from him as possible. He hated to see her like this and he so desperately wanted to put his arms around her and tell everything would be fine and she had nothing to fear with him.



"How are you doing today?" 
"Umm ok. How are you?" Kirsten returned the small talk.
"The training at the army base is killing me. Just glad to have a few days off. I have to go out for a bit is there anything I can get you?"
"Where are you going?"
"Mr Davis my granddad's solicitor wants to see me again. I will only be an hour or so but Hazel should be back in half an hour. I have no idea where Matt is."
"I don't want to be on my own. Can I come with you?" Andrew was in shock over the last two years Kirsten never went anywhere alone with him before. Part of him was pleased but the other half of him was angry that she was so withdrawn.
"I don't mind but it will be boring." Kirsten went to get changed. When she came back, Andrew was stunned to see her dressed so conservative.



"Mr Morgan, please take a seat. Miss Decker it is nice to see you again. Can I get you anything."
"No thank you." Kirsten replied .
"Andrew I'm sorry to pull you in again. Before I go into business I have to ask, are you and Miss Decker dating?"



Andrew couldn't believe what Mr Davis had just said and Kirsten who was still fragile got up and looked out the window but before Andrew could answer Kirsten got in first, "No we are not."
"I'm sorry if I offended you both but you just looked like a couple. I mean seeing Andrew bring you here Miss Decker, I just thought he'd finally admitted how he felt about you."



Andrew blurted out nervously, "Mr Davis, what are you on about? You heard Kirsten we are not dating. I really don't know where you would get this idea." Now Andrew was feeling uncomfortable he never wanted Kirsten to find out this way. Kirsten now facing Mr Davis spoke, "As Andrew said where would you get an idea like that?"



"Miss Decker, Kirsten please take a seat again and I will explain." Kirsten took her seat while Andrew was getting anxious. "When you and Jake moved in with Andrew and Hazel, I saw the way Andrew looked at you and I'll admit I didn't think much of it at first but over time the way he looks at you and acts around you it's just obvious. When you brought home a boyfriend back last year I think, Andrew's face said it all and I knew then. I just assumed when you walked in together he finally told you."




Kirsten looked at Andrew and said, "Is this true?"
"Sort of..."
Kirsten stood up from her seat in shock, "What?"



Andrew looked at her but felt backed into a corner. This was never the way he had intended to tell her. The last thing he wanted was to upset her even more and judging by her reaction she was not pleased and any minute now his dream of telling her, being with her were going to be crushed by her saying no. Andrew was about to speak when Kirsten continued, "Were you ever going...do you know what it doesn't matter." Then Kirsten ran from the room. 



Andrew looked pissed off at Mr Davis but didn't say anything and went after Kirsten.



Mr Davis called his secretary and said, "Ms John, please can you bring me Mr Wright's file. I think we need to start moving over all assets from the estate to Mr Andrew Morgan."
Andrew got back to the house but Kirsten was nowhere in sight, "Guys have you seen Kirsten."
Jake asked firmly, "Why?"
Andrew was looking nervous and Jake started to approach him, "Andrew what's happened?"
"Umm she didn't want to be on her own so she came to the solicitors with me. Mr Davis saw her and told her something and she ran off and I can't find her."



Jake who was now really close asked, "What did he say?"
"He asked her if we were dating."
"Kirsten wouldn't run off just for that Andrew."
"I can't believe he knew..."
Jake now shouted, "Andrew. What did he say?"



"He told Kirsten that I was in love with her." Andrew fell into the sofa and Jake sat next to him.
"Is it true?"
"Yes. I never wanted her to know like this and now she hates me because she ran off." 



Suddenly he heard a voice behind him, "I haven't run off. I just don't want to talk to you for awhile." Kirsten then left leaving Andrew burying his head and everyone else stunned.

7 comments:

  1. Wow the lawyer is forward isn't he? Great chapter though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      The lawyer is forward but he did it for a reason :)

      Glad you liked it too.

      Thanks for reading ;)

      Delete
  2. What a jackass lawyer! The NERVE of him saying all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (btw, I don't think I used enough exclamation points, but I decided to stop anyway.)
    It was NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOTNOTNOTNOTNOT his place to say all that. Oh, yeah, I understand his thinking. He wants the two of them to get together and he thinks that by forcing everything out into the open then it'll move things along.

    That doesn't always work. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    When I was eleven, I had a best friend that had never had a crush on anyone and she finally DID have a crush on this twelve year old guy. So, with very little prompting, I told the school gossip-queen. People were so shocked (oh, the teasing she'd gotten before then about preferring girls etc for never admitting a crush before) that she'd finally admitted it that the news spread like wildfire. Then, of course, it got linked back to me... I was the ONLY one she'd told. It just about destroyed our friendship. YOU JUST DON"T DO JUNK LIKE THAT. Period. End of discussion. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    !!
    !
    yeah. little mad at the jackass lawyer. and that's an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      The lawyer had to do it. In order for Andrew to get his fortune back that he is unaware off. He knows how Andrew feels about Kirsten and yes I agree it was not a good way to find out but either the two get together or they don't but at least Andrew will be able to move forward with the answer, Kirsten gives him.

      School is an awful time and we all do terrible things and thats how we learn. Glad you loved/hated it though.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Lmao that man is so fired! Well at least Kristen knows now. I wonder what happens next...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pixx,

      Kirsten does know. What will she do with the information, you will find out soon.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Oh that did not end well. But, I guess it is best it's in the open now.
    I am surprised that Kirsten thinks she can't trust people she has always trusted.
    What caused her to really go off kilter? She wasn't raped, she was threatened. There has to be something more to it. Was she raped?

    ReplyDelete