Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2012

1.14 Brotherly love


Jake wanted to know how Kirsten was feeling lately. After her attack and Andrew’s revelation about his feelings for her, Jake wasn’t sure how she was handling all this. “Hay sis, how are you doing?”
“I’m doing ok, Jakey.”
“Have you spoken to Andy?”
“Yes.”
“And...what happened?”
“He admitted to me how he felt and that’s it.”
“Kirsten, the guy told you he was in love with you and what did you say back. I mean he is my best mate and you are my sister.”



Kirsten wasn’t sure if talking to Jake was the best idea but she did love her brother and even though they argued more than most siblings she did trust him. 
“Andy was very sweet when he told me how he felt but I’m not sure. It’s just I’ve never thought of him in that way. I mean he is a lovely guy but...” 

Jake interrupted her and said, “But nothing, he could be just what you need and think about it for a sec. He has known you for two years and he knows everything about you and thinking back when you...” He stopped for a moment and then continued, “Andy was so angry and he wanted to kill that guy. I just should have seen it before.”
“Jakey, I know he is your best mate but seriously think about it. He is just...I don’t know. I think I need a break from guys for awhile. I didn’t want to hurt him so I said I would think about it. He is training at the army base a lot so he’s hardly at home and if we did date when would we get alone time plus neither of us have money...”



Jake couldn't believe what his sister had just said and raised his voice slightly towards her, “Is that what is stopping you dating him money?”

Kirsten was upset and trying to explain to her brother wasn't easy, “See I knew you wouldn't understand. It’s not about the money but let’s face it money does help. Say it worked out; tell me would you still be living with us, could we afford our own place as a couple. Also what about the sleeping arrangements; I mean there is only enough room for bunk beds and a single bed and it’s all in the open with a bathroom being the only place to get changed. So tell me Jakey how would you feel hearing you best mate and your sister making love.”

Jake smiled at Kirsten and replied, “So you like him?”
Kirsten looked shocked and asked, “What I never said that.”
“You did, when you said two words making love. You have always talked about men and sex; I have never heard you refer to sex as making love. Sis I think your view is starting to change.”
In a firm tone demanded, “You take that back right now Jakey.”
“No, I think my sis finally likes someone and he’s my best mate. All I need now is you to admit it to yourself.”
“Listen right now to me; I am not in love with Andrew Morgan.”



Jake got up and before leaving said to Kirsten, “You may not be in love with him but the way you are acting and by what you have said, I think your view of Andy is starting to change. If you gave him and you a chance it might just work. Just ask yourself one question what are you really afraid of?”

Kirsten just sat there after Jake left thinking about what he had just said to her. What was she afraid of? The last time she was in a relationship, well if she was honest she couldn't remember the last time she called someone her boyfriend. The last boyfriend her parents met they strongly disapproved of. She hadn't even considered a relationship the last few years. The last couple of weeks had been hard after that guy; she couldn’t even bring herself to say his name. She couldn't process what could have happened if her brother and the others hadn't come back when they did and to think that for a brief second she thought he was the one.

Now Andrew was really interested in her and had even declared his love for her what was she supposed to say back?



She had told him she would think about it but would it really be a bad idea? Was this the guy Estevan had said was her Mr Right.? If he was the one was she really ready for that step, the relationship step? Kirsten kept thinking that maybe she was over reacting and she should give them a try but then she thought about if it didn’t work out where would that leave her brother and his best mate?

Kirsten couldn’t think straight and needed more time but Andrew had given her time. It had been a few days since he give her that wonderful massage and laid his heart on the line. He hadn’t asked her about the decision yet but he would want to know soon and what would she tell him? Yes I’ll go out with you and watch him be over the moon or would she say No and break his heart?

Either way it had to be the right decision not just for Andrew but for her as well.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with Kirsten that it has to be the right decision, but for her first. If she entered any relationship with Andrew and she didn't feel the same toward him as he to her, then it's worthless and will only hurt him. But she better think clearly and fast because someone else may be out there that can make Andrew's life wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Kirsten is confused right now but you are right it must be right for her first. Andrew can't wait forever, poor guy.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Kirsten sounds so confused. After everything she's been through I think time away from guys sounds like a great plan. If Jake's the one he'll wait for her IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      She is confused about alot at the moment. She wants to take a break but will that work out for her, I don't know. I hope Andrew will wait for her :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. That was too short! (take that as a compliment)

    Oh, Kirsten Kirsten Kirsten, whatever will we do with you? Real love is looking you right in the face.. the real love you've been searching for .... and you get cold feet. Girl, listen to your brother and give it a go. Yeah, things might be weird if it doesn't work out. That's a risk you need to take. Besides, things would be weird anyway since he's told you he loves you. So there!

    *lets out a huff* Now I have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Too short lol. Kirsten is confused but will she figure it out? I hope so. Taking a chance in life is what it is all about. Fingers crossed for them.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Hmmm, I wonder what Kristen will decide. He's so good for her, I don't know how she could've missed it for so long.

    This cafe is so cute, I love it.

    I hope this date leads to more dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaje Jay,

      I hope Kirsten decides to date Andrew and that it leads somewhere :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete