Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2012

1.13 Romance is in the air


Advisory: Some coarse language


Matt walked in the door and he saw Hazel standing there, "You look guilty, Matt."
"I just need the bathroom."



"Really?" Hazel got closer to Matt and said, "You smell of alcohol and...Perfume. Well I guess we don't need to talk then. You are just like the other guys in this town...out for what you can get." Hazel stormed off leaving Matt feeling pissed off. 'Why did she have to be here? Great now she thinks I sleep around.'



Hazel was reading when Matt came into the room and sat next to her. Hazel didn't even look at him but said, "Well at least you smell better."
"Look it's not what you think."
"All men say that."
"Let me explain, please."



Hazel looked at him and replied, "What's there to explain we are not together. You don't have to justify your actions to me. I just hope the bitch was worth it."
Matt was angry and wanted to retaliate but decided to leave the house. He ended up at the park shooting hoops trying to let go of his anger.



"You look pissed." Jake stated as he watched Matt on the court.
"What gave it away?"
"Well if that ball was a head, you would have bashed it in by now. So what's happened?"
"I got drunk and stupid."



"What you mean is you got drunk and got laid."
"It wasn't how I thought it would be and I regret it."
"First time is a bit crap mate but why regret it. Was she a dog?"
"Jake, no she wasn't a dog. She was pretty but..."
"But nothing. What's the problem then?"
"Hazel smelt me when I came in and now she thinks I'm a womanizer."
"I wouldn't worry about it she will get over it."
"Maybe it's time I moved on from here."



"Don't be stupid, Matt. You can't run every time things get difficult."
"It seems a good plan to me."
"Let's be honest here. I love woman and lots of them. Maybe one day I will settle down but until then I'm out for what I can get. You however are different. I've watched woman look you up and down including my sister. What do you do? Nothing. You aren't interested in that but what you want is a relationship. I've seen the way Hazel looks at you and by the way you are acting you want her too. She is jealous that you were with another woman. Hazel will get over it because you never cheated on her. Stick around and work out how you will get your date."

Hazel was getting agitated at the thought of any woman wrapped around Mathew’s body. She couldn’t believe how angry and upset she was at him sleeping with a woman. Hazel tried telling herself that he had done nothing wrong after all they weren’t even an item but they had almost shared a kiss. There was something about Mathew that appealed to her and if she was honest with herself she was jealous. Could they ever get passed her jealousy?



While she was thinking about all that could have happened, Matt walked in demanding they talked. “Don’t you tell me, we are going to talk.” “Listen, I know you don’t want to talk but you are going to listen to me.”
“Don’t you tell...”
“Hazel shut up. What I did last night...I don’t regret. The only thing I regret is...that it wasn't with you. With everything that has been going over the last few weeks, we should have talked sooner.”
“Mathew you wanted it to be me?”
In his softly spoken voice said, I'm not seeing her again and Jake is right, I'm not the womaniser type. Look what I'm trying to say is, would you go on a date with me?"



“I don’t know. I mean you had that one night thing only last night and how do I know she won’t knock...” 

“You think she will come here? If she does...well I will put her straight it was a one off and that’s it. Come on Haz, what’s your answer? I promise we will have a nice time.” 
Putting his arms around her. Hazel looked into his eyes and thought how she couldn't resist and replied, “On one condition. I get that kiss we missed out on.” 
Matt smiled and said, “It’s a deal.” 

9 comments:

  1. Matthew deserves his bit of regret, and Hazel was acing very jealous. I am glad to see they are going to try a date. I just hope Hazel actually does not hold this thing over his head. Matthew seems sensitive and I don't think he will forgive himself if she does that. I don't know how things would go then, I don't think Matthew would tolerate it and he just might run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Matt had to have that mad night at least once lol. Hazel got jealous because she wants him but you are right she needs to control it so they can have a chance. Wonder how the date will go!

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. LOl @ Matt always running away, I agree, sometimes it's a good plan.Great Chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Matt I think needs to stop running and glad you liked it.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. The basketball shots made me laugh. idk why really. It just looked so pro. Still, it worked for the story. :)

    I was getting angry at Hazel in the beginning of the story when she mouthed off to Matt for walking in and smelling like perfume when she had no right to say a thing. But then she thought what I was wanting her to think so that's good.

    That at the end was a little hot. Whoo daring woman asking for that kiss. *big, silly grin*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      I thought the basketball was a good feature :). Hazel just wants her man lol and I think she thought like some woman do when they are jealous but asking for the kiss was a bold move yay. They get very hot hehe.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. ~ As yet Hazel has no reason to be jealous other than she likes him,& she should not hold it against him as he did nothing wrong,he did not cheat on her as they are not girlfriend & boyfriend,well not yet anyway!
    ~ Hazel could miss out on a good thing, if she holds onto this!
    ~ She asked him for something he could not refuse!LOL!
    ~ Loved it!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Hazels jealous could get in the way but as you said Matt did nothing wrong as he was single. Hazel was bold in asking for that kiss but will he give her that kiss :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Wooo! That's right boy! Get yo' girl!

    ReplyDelete