Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

1.24 Standing up to Dad



Kirsten came downstairs and nervously said, “Hello Dad.” Daniel looked at his daughter and asked, “How could you be with someone I disprove of? You ran past me and let me guess…you had sex?” Kirsten felt like she was a child all over again being scolded for misbehaving. She looked away from her Dad and replied, “I’m sorry, Dad.” Andrew’s heart was breaking by her response and Jake was angry. Although he had felt sick when he heard them have sex there was one thing he knew for sure, his sister was head over heels in love. Jake had always defended Kirsten when it came to their overbearing father but Kirsten had to break the cycle.


“Sis, what are you doing? Look at Andy.” Kirsten did what Jake asked as he went on, “I haven’t seen you so happy, and can you really give up Andrew?” Kirsten looked into his eyes and the hurt she had just caused. Then she thought, ‘What am I doing? I love him. Andrew is everything I want and more and my Dad is treating me like a child. Kirsten you can do this. Take a deep breath and tell your Dad the truth.’


She walked closer to her Dad as Andrew sat on the stairs falling apart. Jake watched intensely hoping that Kirsten would finally do the right thing. “Dad, I love you very much but I take back what I said, I’m not sorry.” Daniel was ready to explode as he watched his daughter go to Andrew.
She looked at Andrew and softly said, “But I am sorry to you. I love you and the relationship it’s not a mistake.” She held out her hand hoping Andrew would accept the gesture he looked at her then he took her hand. 


She walked back over to her Dad with Andrew and added, “Andrew is my boyfriend and I love him. If you don’t like that then see that door behind you walk through it and never come back.”
“Kirsten sweetie there is no need to be like that. I mean after all I still love you.” Jake loved watching his Dad squirm but kept quiet while Kirsten kept going, “Really then why is it every time we see you, you either have a go at me or Jake? If you love me then accept my choice in boyfriend.”
“Oh sweetie…”


“Don’t sweetie me, Dad. You want me to be with someone who would rather have a wife that looks good on their arm. In other words you want me in a loveless marriage so you can do business. I want to be happy and in love and that person to love me. I’ve made my choice so I hope you’ll decide to accept Andrew. Will you accept Andrew as my boyfriend?”
“Kirsten, be reasonable…”


Andrew finally spoke, “With all due respect, Mr Decker you come into my home upset both my girlfriend and best friend and when your daughter asks you a question you can’t even answer her. Since you are taking your time I have something to say. This is my home and you will not demand to see anyone. You may only come here when invited by either Kirsten or Jake. As for my company it belongs to me and any money earned from it will be used for my future with your daughter.”


“Kirsten I can’t accept your choice in boyfriend.” Kirsten wanted to cry but held on and said, “Goodbye Daddy.” Daniel hadn’t heard his daughter say Daddy since she was a little girl and it broke his heart. As he was about to walk through the door Andrew added the final heart wrenching words, “Before you leave one more thing, I would like to be accepted by you because Kirsten and I will be together for a long time.” Andrew was all fired up and what he said next was never meant to be spoken yet but he wanted Daniel to know how he really felt about Kirsten, “I plan to marry Kirsten one day with or without your permission because I love your daughter.” Daniel looked at Andrew and knew he was serious but couldn’t say anything so he slammed the door as he left. 


Kirsten watched her Dad leave. All her emotions were swimming around her and she went to Andrew and yelled, “This was not how to win him over.”


Jake spoke out before Andrew, “Sis what you said to Dad, I’m so proud of you. Andrew I can’t believe it, you really want to marry my sister? I hope I’m best man then. However if you go grovelling to Dad now he has won. Hopefully he will think it through. Now he knows for a fact you are serious about Kirsten, Andrew that will make Dad think long and hard. Mum will be so angry with Dad when she finds out.” Kirsten suddenly realised what Andrew had said to her Dad, “You really want us to marry?”


“One day I do but I’m enjoying us now. Besides I know you want more time like this before I ask.”
Then the phone rang and Jake answered it, “Andy, my Mum wants to speak to you. Dad must have rang her from the car.”


Andrew took the phone, “Hello Mrs Decker.”


“Please Andrew call me Laura. Dan told me what happened and well I’m just glad my girl finally stood up to her Dad and she never would have done that if it wasn’t for you. Just between us he is very upset. He adores his little girl and I suspect he still sees her that way. Anyway I would like us to put things right. I know it is cheeky of me to ask but under the circumstances, I would like to invite myself and my idiot husband to stay at your home for a few days to sort things out.” Andrew covered the phone speaker and said to Jake and Kirsten, “Your Mum wants to stay here for a few days with your Dad to sort things out.” Jake looked horrified, “Tell Mum no.” Kirsten was still upset and just looked at Andrew.
“Umm Laura…”
“Let me guess my son said no, am I right? Put him on the line and Andrew I will take from your silence that you don’t mind so I’ll see you day after tomorrow at about 11am.”

7 comments:

  1. ~ LOL! It sounds like Dad finally got told!
    ~ Love it!
    ~ Kirsten & Andrew,& Jake & mum could not be happier,I was sure her dad would come around once he found out she was marring well,with plenty of money,as seem to be all he cares about,that she marries a rich guy!
    ~ Love it & can not wait to see what happens with Mom & Dads visit! Fireworks I bet!
    ~ Yes,I do need the week to hurry up,to read more!(",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      Dad did get his marching orders and rightly so. He doesn't like Andrew but there is more to it than the money. Fireworks I thinks so too.

      Next week will get here lol
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Well done, Kirsten! Jake is right, she needs to be proud of herself. She's an adult and can make her own choices. This isn't the Middle Ages where you'd marry off your daughter for one gain or another.

    Alright then, um, wow. Mrs Laura imposes her presence on Drew's house. Yes, they need to work things out, but personally, I'm not so sure this is the best way. Just saying. Hopefully though, it will work for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      I was proud of Kirsten for standing up to her Dad and your right it isn't the middle ages.

      Laura is imposing her presence on them but she means well will it be the right thing only time will tell.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Whoa! That was explosive! I love that Kirsten and Jake finally told their father off. Love even more that Andrew stepped in. I like the gesture, but I'm so anxious for Kirsten and Jake's parents' visit. I hope it goes well for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Kirsten did the right thing and so did Jake. Will the parents visit go well, I hope so.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I can't believe Jake felt sick and if he didn't want to hear, he shouldn't have listened. Kirsten went all oppositional and defiant on her Dad by seeking all of those meaningless relationships, huh? I am glad to see that they stood up to him and that they have Mom's support.

    ReplyDelete