Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

1.26 Truth


Advisory: Some Coarse Language 



Kirsten yelled at Jake, “You fucking ass. How can you do that to Kay? I mean she likes you, I have no idea why.”
“Now just hold on you burst in my room to yell at me when it’s none of your business.”
“None of my…you have a nerve. You butt into my life and fix me up with Andy which by the way I should thank you for. So I can butt into yours and you can’t treat Kay like that.”



Jake could see Kirsten wasn’t going to back down so told her what was going on. “Sis, Mum and Dad being here means my love life is on hold. I really like her but don’t want Mum or Dad organising my life for me. Dad was rude to Kay and…”
“And you stuck up for her. Jakey, Kay told me she likes you and was really upset. Explain to her because otherwise it will be me you have to worry about not our parents.” Jake saw that look and knew his sister meant every word.

They all sat in silence until Daniel spoke, “It was a nice meal Kirsten. Where is that girl that was living with you?”



Kirsten answered, “If you are talking about Hazel then she went to a wedding with boyfriend Matt.”
“I know Hazel. I meant the new girl.” Jake looked at his Dad and angrily said, “The girl you insulted her name is Kay and she didn’t want to eat with you.” Jake got up and yelled, “You don’t get it do you Dad. I don’t want you here. You cheated on Mum…” 



Then Laura shouted, “Jake Daniel Decker don’t you ever speak to your Dad that way. It is not your place to say about his affair, it’s mine. What’s happened with you two? You used to be so close and now you can’t be in the same room without yelling at each other.”
“Mum I’m sorry…”
“Then speak to each other without fighting, please.”
Daniel calmly said, “Laura its ok Jake has a right to speak his mind.” Jake sat back down in shock. “Your right Jake I did cheat on your Mum but it was only with one person not the countless women you seem to think I slept with. Not that is an excuse.” Then he looked at Laura who wasn’t looking at either of them and said, “I’m sorry Laura.” She left after hearing those word spoke, “Dad are you going after Mum?” Jake asked. “I have something to say first. Jake I would like us to get to know each other, you know start over.”
“What’s the catch?”



“No catch.” Daniel then turned his attention to Andrew, “Kirsten may have told you I don’t like any man who dates my little girl but Laura is right she looks happy and that’s good enough for me.” Andrew was in shock and Kirsten just got up and hugged her Dad, “Once you know Andrew you will like him I promise.”



Laura went for a walk in the garden and found Kay, “Are you alright? I’m Laura by the way.”
“You must be Jake and Kirsten’s Mum.” Laura just smiled.
Kay replied, “I’m good thanks.”
“Forgive me but I’ve seen that look many times, I’ve even done that look. Would I be wrong in saying that you like my son.” Kay looked puzzled, “How did you…”
“He likes you I can tell.”
“He told me he wasn’t interested anymore.”



“Kay, I love my son but I can read him like a book and it’s written all over his face even when he tries to hide it.” Just then Daniel came outside and approached Laura and Kay. 



He held out his hand for Kay, “I owe you an apology, Kay.” She just looked at him not shaking his hand. “I guess I deserve the hostility from you. I hope you will let us get to know you over the next few days.”
“I’ll think about it.” Kay walked off leaving Laura and Daniel alone. The mobile started to ring and Laura asked, “Are you going to answer your phone, I mean it’s properly business?” 



Daniel looked at his phone then answered it, “Daniel Decker.” He listened to the caller and looked at his wife then said, “I’m not interested. The business will have to wait until I get back.” He then hung up the phone. “You always take business calls.” 



He pulled Laura close and said, “I did but these last six months have been hell. I know you will hate me for saying this but I’m glad I had that one night stand because now I’m realising what is really at stake, you. If you divorce me I won’t contest it and I’ll give you everything because it means nothing without you.”
“I…I don’t know what to say.”
“You don’t say anything right now but I did notice the double bed in the room but I know we haven’t slept together since it happened so I’ll sleep on the floor.”



Kirsten and Jake saw their parents in an embrace, “Are you seeing what I’m seeing, sis?
“I haven’t seen Mum and Dad like that since we were kids.”
Jake replied, “Maybe Dad does love Mum.” Kirsten smiled at her brother, “I hope you are right. I really do.”



Later that afternoon Daniel took Jake for a drink, “Dad you could of invited Andrew.”
“I could of but I want to talk to you.” He noticed how Jake kept staring at Kay while she was on stage. “You really like her, don’t you?”
“There is nothing going on with Kay and me.”
“Not at the moment but you want it to happen.” Jake looked at his Dad with horror, “Jake how many woman have you slept with?”



“We are not having this discussion.” Daniel leaned closer and said, “Oh but we are, you are now in double figures I’m guessing. You did what most men dream of doing love them then leave them. Kay for you is different. I mean there have been many girls eyeing you up tonight and all you care about is Kay and what she thinks.”
“Just drop it Dad.”
“This is where our relationship fell apart because I tried to talk to you and you pushed me away. Let me guess you either told her you’re not interested or she did, yet either way you still long for her. I think you have fallen hard and are scared shitless.”
Jake started to laugh nervously, “Me fall…what in love. Yeah right. Dad I think you are dreaming. I don’t fall in love.”



“Really then you won’t mind then if I tell you since Kay is at the bar a guy has put his hand on her ass.” Daniel pointed this out to his son. Jake looked and his facial expression changed. “He better move his hand or I’ll move it for him.”
“You have fallen and now you are jealous. By Kay’s face she isn’t happy about the guy putting his hand there.”



“Dad, excuse me but I have something I need to do.” Jake started to walk towards Kay when Daniel stood up and said, “Jake don’t play hero here.”
“I’m just going to talk to him.” Jake shouted back then Jake grabbed the man and pinned him to the bar, “Put your fucking hand on Kay again and I will do more damage.”
“I’m her manager you ass.” Jake wouldn’t let go and Kay yelled, “Jake let him go please.”
“Is the guy your manager?”
“Yes…”



“Do you always let your manager feel you up?” Kay was upset and replied, “I asked him to stop…” Jake then started talking back to her manager, “You are no longer Kay’s manager and if I see you anywhere near her again you will be sorry. Do I make myself clear?” The guy nodded and once Jake let him go he left.
“How dare you tell him that he can’t be my manager? We are not even dating.” Jake didn’t say anything to Kay. 



He just picked Kay up and threw her over his shoulder and walked out of the bar. She tried screaming at Jake to put her down but he refused. He put her in the taxi and when they got home he picked her up again and took her to his room kicking the door behind him shut and placed her on the bed. 



“Why are we in your room?”
“Don’t worry nothing is going to happen it’s just my room was first as we came down the stairs.” Kay started to rant at Jake and he told her, “Shut up.”



“Then why did you make a big scene and bring me here.” Kay demanded to know.
“First of all that manager of yours; is a sleaze.   I did you a favour and ended the contract with him for you. The manager has no right to touch up his client unless you are dating, are you?”
“Me and…yuck no. His hand on my butt made me feel sick.”



“Then why defend him when I defended you?”
“I’ve got used to his behaviour over the years and now I’ll never sing again because you pissed him off.” Jake started to get angry at Kay, “Piss him off. Good, I’m glad. You can have better managers with better contacts who treat their clients with respect.”
“If that’s it then I’ll go to my room.” Kay sarcastically stated.
“There is more so sit down.” Kay sat down in shock at his outburst. “I wasn’t going to say anything because my parents are here but after tonight I won’t lie to myself anymore. I want that date so I’m asking nicely please let me take you out.”
“No.”



“Kay we both know how you feel. After all you told my sister. Kay looked at him and thought, 'Shit she told him. Now what do I say?' Kay now stood in front of him unsure what to say because after a year's break she was returning to medical school, “I’d love to but I’m off to university and I don’t want to give you false hope.”
“Where are you studying?”
“Local but…”



Jake pulled Kay close and replied, “Then that’s settled as you will still be living here, we can have that date and take it from there.”
Kay let out a sigh looking at Jake with a smile and answered, “I guess we have a date then.”

7 comments:

  1. Right now Kristen is my favorite, she is giving her brother what for when it comes to Kay. Now hopefully these two can get on the same tract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinky,

      Kirsten is annoyed with her brother and wants him to be happy just like she is. Kay does like him but is trying to lie to herself.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Daniel's really trying to be a good husband and a caring father, somehow I think his efforts came a little too late, both his kids seem to dislike him a lot.

    I loved the ending to this update. I'm looking forward to their date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Daniel is trying and will do anything to keep his family. I think he has realized all the time he spent earning money he should of spent half his time home keeping his relationships going and not let them fall apart.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Well, Jake's dad has an uphill battle, but at least he's trying. Laura has a short temper, and it got on my nerves a little when she just suddenly broke out yelling. Then they both gang up on Kay and make her feel uncomfortable. Good intentions, yes, but I'm not sure that was the smoothest way for them to do that.

    If a guy, even a guy I liked, picked me up and carried me out of a place like that I'd bite him. That wouldn't be tolerated. so barbaric. even if it Was hot. lol.
    Looks like they have that date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Dan does have a battle. Laura temper's is short but for her the last 6 months have been hell. Over the years her husband spent less time with her and the kids but now they are grown up she was hoping they would see more of each other. Then he cheats on her. They sleep separately but she still loves him and is trying to work out what is best for her.
      Kay wasn't being ganged up on but it was just bad timing that Dan came when he did. Jake wanted to talk to Kay but with her yelling at him for trying to do the right thing the only why he felt he could get her attention was to be on their own, so he threw her over his shoulder to take her home to talk.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. It seems the parents are trying, especially the father. He seems to have a lot to make up for and some changes he needs to make within himself. Jake is a dolt. heh

    ReplyDelete