Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2013

1.25 Arrival of the Parents


Advisory: Some nudity 




After Jake finished on phone he headed back to the basement. He was about to enter his room when he heard the TV still on. 



Kay was still reading a book. “Nothing on TV?” Kay put her book down and replied, “I was just off to bed.”



Jake couldn’t resist teasing, “I think I’ll join you.” Kay just glared at him, “Is that all you can think about?”
“Maybe if you agreed to go on a date with me we could get to know each other.” 



Kay walked towards her room with Jake following her. “Kay, just admit you like me because we both know that when I had you against the wall, you really wanted that kiss.” 



Kay shut her door and threw herself onto the bed. ‘He is the most annoying, arrogant man I’ve ever come across. So why is it every time I see him all I can think about is him kissing me and waking up next to him after having great sex? I swear he knows what he is doing to me.’



Jake lay there thinking, ‘Did I say something wrong? I only said what I felt. She has no idea that earlier today I turned down an offer because of her. I could get it from any girl but Kay is different. I wonder if I’m wasting my time.’

2 days later



“How can you think of sex when my parents will be here in an hour?” Kirsten asked as Andrew looked at her.
“You make it so easy and so much fun.” Kirsten eyed his naked body and said, “Just get dressed and please by nice to my Dad for me.”
“Babe everything is ready so stop worrying and just come back to bed.” She smiled at him and replied, “I wish I could but I can’t because at any moment they could knock the door.” 



Andrew who was now dressed held Kirsten and said, “I understand but you owe me round three.” Kirsten now had a smirk on her face, “I don’t think that will be a problem.”



Kay knocked Jake’s door and didn’t wait for him to say ok and just walked in. Jake was lying on the bed with his back against the door, “Are you ok, Jake?”
“My parents are coming soon and I wish they weren’t.” He got up and sat on the bed, “I’ve been thinking you are right, you aren't interested in me so I won’t bother you anymore.” Kay was now confused at this sudden and unexpected turn around. She was starting to warm to Jake and now he wanted nothing to do with her. “Jake have I done something to upset you?” Jake saw a tear fall from her eye and hated that he was the cause. He couldn’t answer her because anything he said would be a lie. He really liked her but with his parents coming he didn't want to be questioned.



Kay left the room and went upstairs to the main part of the house. When Kirsten saw Kay she knew Jake was the cause. “Kay, he’s not worth it.”



“I thought he liked me. I know I was giving him a hard time but he was growing on me and now this.” Kirsten was about to answer her but she saw her parents at the door. Kay understood and left Kirsten to it. She called up the stairs for Andrew and opened the door to parents. “Mum it’s great to see you.” As they hugged.



“Kirsten you are looking so happy.” She looked at her Dad and just gave half a smile, “Hi Dad.” Andrew looked at Daniel and they both just stared at each other. Laura brought them out of their stare and asked, “Andrew, which room are we staying in.” 



He showed them to the room and left them to unpack.
“I resent being here Laura.”
“Really, well tough. You will repair the damage with your children. I remember a time when you made time for them.”
“That’s unfair I love my children. I just want what is best for them.”



“Since when? You want Kirsten to marry someone you approve of, yet you don’t care if the man you choose is in love with her. Don’t let’s get start on Jake and your behaviour towards him.”
“So I earn money to keep my family but it doesn’t mean I love you all any less.”
“You haven’t shown your love to the kids since…I can’t even remember. As for me just face facts you don’t love me anymore.” 



Daniel pulled her close and grabbed Laura’s arm, “You know that’s not true. I’ve always loved you.”
“Let go of me Dan. If you loved me then why were you sleeping with another woman? Because if I meant that much you wouldn't have. Also we haven’t made love in a year.”
“It was six months ago and it was one night. I was lonely and you weren’t there.”



“Bull shit Dan, I’ve always been there. I remember when I used to be away for a few days and you needed me how you used to drive, catch a plane and just join me. I remember the first time you bursting in the room catching me by surprise and making love all night. Then after a while you stopped and that hurt realising I wasn’t needed anymore. Going away was horrible after that and I’d cry myself to sleep hoping that my fun loving husband would burst in the door at any moment and take me.”
“I didn’t realise because you never said.”
“I shouldn’t have to not after I used to scream your name out loud and beg for more. I thought that would have spoken volumes to you.”
“They were good times. I’d hand the kids over to which ever grandparent would have them just to have time alone with you.” 



Sitting back down Daniel said, “I really screwed up, didn’t I? What are we going to do?”
“We are here to sort things out with our children.” 



Laura opened the bedroom door but Daniel shut it before she could get out, “I want to sort things out between us too. I know you have given up on us and I can’t blame you but I will fight for you and us make no mistake Laura I won’t give up.” She saw a glimpse of the man she once fell in love with and part of her wanted to believe him but at that moment in time the hurt of his betrayal was still raw.  

7 comments:

  1. I only have four words for Jake, "You are an idiot". What would he do, if she just moved out and did not tell any one where she moved to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pimky,

      Jake is an idiot and I hope he comes to his senses soon. I just hope it's before she leaves.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Lol @ the boys in this update, they just keep trying!

    Aw, Jake and Kay should stop breaking my heart, why can't they just be honest with each other.

    Laura and Dan have their own issues to sort through, I think the timing of their visit is all wrong. Hopefully they can all survive the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Yes the boys do try but can you blame them. Jake and Kay are both being silly here. I think Jake is ready to try at a relationship so I hope he gets the chance.

      Laura and Dan do have there own issues and I agree they should sort themselves out first.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Mkay, well, Kay makes me a little mad. She's blowing hot and cold around Jake, and he has the added stress of his parents pretty much forcing their company upon them that he hardly knows what to make of Kay anymore. Yeah, I get why Kay is reticent. I don't blame her one bit, but if she wants him, then she wants him. She needs to explain herself and why she's acting the way she's acting.

    I don't quite know what to make of the parents. I'll just watch and see I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Kay blowing hot and cold hasn't helped matters and now Jake has the parents arriving has thrown him into a spin. They really like each other but are won't let the other know which is silly but I hope it gets sorted soon. Parents are just a different story but we will see.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. I did not expect Kay to be so wishy washy.... when she was first introduced, my impression was that she was solid and had it together with none of the teenie-bopper drama moods left in her. With such a horrible start to any relationship, perhaps it is best that they both look elsewhere.

    Andrew has been very patient all along. I hope he tolerates the parent visit. Maybe that Dad can relate more to his kids again once he gets to see beyond his own ambition and greed coloured eyes.

    ReplyDelete