Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

1.27 Jake's Date



Kirsten squealed like a little girl and ran into the gym where Andrew was training Jake. “Hazel has just rung. Matt proposed and she said yes.”


They both stopped and looked at Kirsten and Andrew asked, “What did you say?”
“I congratulated her, why?”
“Aren’t they a bit young?”
“Maybe they are but it’s so romantic being madly in love and he pops the question. Hazel said the weather was beautiful and she couldn’t be happier.”


The boys had to agree they suited each other, Jake said, “I guess we have no choice but to throw an engagement party. Does Kay know?”
“I don’t know unless Matt rang her.”
Andrew asked, “When are they back?”
“She didn’t say but she sounded so happy.” Jake decided to tell Kay. 


After Jake left Andrew wrapped his arms around Kirsten, “You are ok with their engagement?”
“Andrew I’m not jealous. When the time is right we will be the one’s having a party.”
“If you’re sure?”
“I’m fine stop worrying.”


Jake found Kay in her room forgetting all about Matt's news and asked, “What are you doing?”
“I’m catching up on my studying before class starts in two weeks.” Jake asked, “You haven’t forgotten about tonight and our date?” 


Kay stood up and laughed, “I haven’t forgotten our date. What time do I need to be ready?”
“I’ll knock your bedroom door at 8 o’clock.” Once Jake had left Kay saw the time and started to panic. 


There was only two hours before he knocked the door. She now had to figure out what she was going to wear and that could be the longest part.


Jake was ready but to calm his nerves while he waited for the clock to say eight, he put his music on and started to dance. Jake heard a laugh as he spun round, “Dad, what are you doing in my room?”


“I did knock but you couldn’t hear me because of the volume. I contacted a friend of mine like you asked and here is the number of a highly respectable firm. They manage up and coming artists and they liked Kay’s performance but that manager wouldn’t let her go and by the looks never told Kay she was wanted by someone else.”


“Thanks Dad. Are you and Mum getting a divorce?” Daniel looked sad but said, “Could you blame her. I messed up with all of you but it’s now up to your Mum. Anyway you have a date with a beautiful lady and you are talking to me, why?” Jake looked at the time and replied, “Shit it’s eight.” He ran past his Dad shouting bye and ran down the hall.


When Kay opened the door he couldn’t say anything but Kay noticed he was in jeans and a shirt and asked, “Am I overdressed?”
Jake looked her up and down with a smirk and replied, “Not from where I’m standing.”
“Is that all you think about?”
“Don’t all men?” He saw her reaction and added, “I didn’t mean it like that.” Kay laughed, “You meant every word…” She got closer to Jake and continued, “And if you look at me like you are right now then dressing up was well worth it.”


When they got to the bowling alley Kay was in shock and quietly but firmly said, “You should have said where we were going. I’m so overdressed.” He put his arms around her waist and said, “I don’t think you’re overdressed. In fact you look beautiful. Let’s have some fun but I warn you I am good at this.”
“Is that a fact? I hate to tell you but I’m not bad myself so you may have met your match.”
“Is that a challenge?”


“It is, so let’s see what you’ve got.” Kay replied with a smile. When Kay started to bowl Jake couldn’t help but look at her butt as she bent slightly to throw the ball. A thought then came to him, ‘I’d never have got that view if she had dressed in casual wear. I could just look at her like this all night.’


Kay snapped him out of his thoughts, “Jake it’s your go.”
“Sorry I was miles away.” Kay noticed his look and asked, “Were you checking me out while I was taking my go?” Jake didn’t say anything as he took his go but the smirk on his face said it all. As she watched Jake bowl she said while laughing, “I’m not offended that you were checking me out.” 


Jake putting his arms around her said, “You do have a cute butt and it’s your turn.” Once Kay had her back to Jake she bit her lip thinking, ‘Is it me or is it getting hot in here? If I kiss him I might not want to stop. Shit what is he doing to me? No, no, no, you are just going to end up just another notch on his bed post. Kay you must be strong.’
‘Last time a girl realised I looked at her ass she slapped me but Kay laughed it off. Holding her felt good. I really want to sleep with her but I want another date. I must be mad I never have a second date it always complicates things. Shit what is happening to me? Am I losing it?’
























After having a game they decided to get food and a drink, “Why are you going to medical school if you want to sing?”
Kay leaned back in the chair and replied, “If I couldn’t be a singer then I wanted to be a doctor. I’ve already done a year but took a year out to decide what I really wanted and I’m still unsure but I know going back is something I need to do. What about you and being a fire fighter? I mean you don’t need the money from what Matt told me.”


“I always wanted to be a fire fighter as a kid. As for the money side, I told Dad where to stick his money. I actually like earning my own money; I never thought I would to be honest. Kay you have a good voice don’t waste your talent.”
Kay went red in the cheeks and asked, “If we were together and I became a popular singer how would you feel about the attention I might get from other guys? I mean look what you did to my now ex manager”
Jake looked at Kay and moved his chair closer, “Honestly, I’d hate it but I would have to trust that you wouldn’t do anything with them.” Kay started to melt as she looked into his eyes and said, “I think it’s time we left.” 


Jake got up and held out his hand and when Kay took his hand he pull her in for a passionate kiss and as the kiss continued Kay kept thinking, ‘Shit this guy can kiss and if he lets me go I’ll end up on the floor.’
Jake was thinking, ‘I must stop kissing her or I’ll never let her go. She smells great…Jake snap out of this right now. You got your date now walk away. Remember this is what you do have the date take her home sometimes you sleep with them and that’s it. So why do I want to see her again?’


When he walked Kay to her bedroom door Kay leaned against her door and asked, “So now what?”
Jake looked into her green eyes and replied, “There is something about you that tells me I need to see you again. Are you ok with a second date?”
“I’d like that and would you like to come in?”

5 comments:

  1. Kirsten is such a girl, I think I would have done the same thing if one of my friends just told me she's engaged. And the guys' lack of a reaction to the news was hilarious, my DH would have acted just like that.

    I say yay to a second date, and a third and maybe a fifth and a hundredth one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Men show no reaction to engagements and they look at us weird when we show excitement, Kirsten is just so pleased for Hazel right now :)

      I hope there will be lots of dates too

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. That was a lot of fun hearing their thoughts. I really liked this chapter!

    yay! second date! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Yes there will be a second date and their thoughts were funny :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Very enthusiastic friends there Mathew has. *LOL*
    I am glad that they are planning a party. I am also glad to see Jake's Dad taking a more active role in his kids' lives. I hope that the leads for Kay's career don't backfire.

    ReplyDelete