Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2013

1.41 Feeling the pressure

Andrew listened to Kirsten as she poured her heart out about Ava. “Kirsten I’m here,” as he tightened his grip. She wiped the tears away and said, “Thanks for being here.” 



He looked at her with a smile and replied, “I’ll always be here.” Kirsten got up to get ready as they were going to her parents, “What else did you want to talk about?”



“Dad is retiring from the business and wants Jake and I to run it.” Andrew was surprised, “How do you feel about it? I mean you work for me!” Kirsten narrowed her eyes on Andrew, “Do you want sex tonight?” Kirsten didn’t wait for a reply as she continued, “We agreed you’d never bring that up into our relationship. I may work for your company but I’m not your secretary.” 



Andrew pulled her towards him, “Kirsten I was teasing you. Can we skip visiting your parents and go straight to the sex part?” She whispered in his ear, “No we can’t and later.”



After Dinner, Andrew sat there in silence while Dan looked at him until Dan broke the ice, “Do you have something to ask?”
Andrew was starting to feel the pressure. Even though he had put Dan in his place now that they were starting to get on this felt different somehow, especially because it meant a lot to Kirsten. “Daniel…I…I would like your permission to marry your daughter.” 



Kirsten saw Andrew’s face, “Mum can’t you stop Dad grilling him?”
“Andrew will do fine stop worrying. Now what kind of wedding do you want?”
Dan hadn’t given his permission yet and wanted to see that spark in Andrew before he said it was ok.



“I want to marry Kirsten because I love her with all my heart; she is my life and most of all because she is a wonderful person with a big heart. I could go on but I think you know the rest.”
“You didn’t mention once the word money in your little speech, congratulations and welcome to the family.” 



They shook hands but Dan spoke firmly, “You break my little girl’s heart in anyway and you will be sorry.” Andrew understood and responded with a nod. 



Kirsten came over wrapping herself into Andrew’s chest smiling, “I’m glad you are getting on.”
Laura then started, “If you are having the wedding at your house, you will need to get extra chairs, flowers oh and the alter…” Kirsten shouted, “Mum please slow down we are just engaged. Please let us enjoy this.” 



Andrew added, “It will be a short engagement but Kirsten and I would like it our way.” Laura tried to object but when she saw Dan’s face she backed off. However he did say, “I will pay for the wedding Kirsten wants and the honeymoon.” 



Kirsten hugged her Dad and quietly said thank you.



Matt walked in to find boxes and bags everywhere, “Hunny, we are going to university not moving house.” Hazel giggled, “I know but I need my clothes.”
In shock Matt shouted, “Clothes…all these are clothes?”
“No not all, they have my shoes and makeup. That small bag is my university stuff.” 



Matt hated arguing with her but said firmly, “You are not taking it all with you. We are sharing a room and where would I put my stuff.”
“I don’t know…”
“Narrow it down Hazel. We are going in the morning and Jake won’t wait around because he’s missing Kay.” 



Matt started to walk out the room and Hazel started to mutter to herself, Matt shouted, “I heard that.” Hazel shouted back, “You were meant too. Men.”



Jake was busy on the phone, “I can’t wait to see you. How many hours is it now.” Kay giggled, “How old are you? There is a party on campus, do you want to go?”
“Umm no because the party I have in mind is an invite for two.” 



Kay who couldn’t resist asked, “What type of dress code is there?”
“There is no dress code.” Kay’s imagination started working overtime as she nervously bit her lip, “I really can’t wait. I have studying to do and if I don’t do it I won’t be able to attend your party.”



“Then you better go and study. Kay, before you go about the other day I just want to say thanks.”



Kay smiled as she asked, “Have you spoken to them yet?”
“Not yet but I will. I’m seeing them when I get back, to go through taking over the business.”
“What business?”
“I tell you all about it over the weekend.”
“Night Jake.”
“Night, night, love you!” 
“Love you too.”
After the call Jake made a decision he wanted to talk to his parents before he went to see Kay as he didn’t want it hanging over his head.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, that was so sweet of Andrew to ask for Kay's hand in marriage. So many weddings to look forward to. And yay for uni, so the whole gang will reunite once more. Great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Andrew wanted to do right by Kirsten and yes that is now two weddings to come, with Matt and Hazel lol. A reunion at uni yay :)
      Glad you liked it :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. *Scrolls to the bottom real quick to say this*
    I was singing 'Under Pressure' with my son this morning, so I already had the song going in my head. Then, I see this title, and it's back. :)

    I'm glad Dan got his wife to back down on trying to run Kirsten's wedding. My mother did that, and at the time, I didn't care.
    Wow, those poses DO look good on a bed, esp when you use the pillows like you did.
    That's good that Jake will talk to his parents. He needs to. He took the news rather hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      I love Queen songs =D Sing it again lol

      Laura really wants to plan her daughter's wedding, poor Kirsten but for now she has backed down. Jake wants to talk to his parents before seeing Kay so they can have a good weekend.

      Putting the pillow behind Jake made the pose fit better and glad you liked it :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. weddings... squabbles... business plans and university... they all have a lot happening.
    It's nice that Kirsten's Dad accepted Andrew like that. Her Dad seems to want to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Oh yes it is all happening here lol Daniel does want to change to be a better person.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete