Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

1.44 Shocking revelation




Kay had been looking forward to this weekend all week. Her plans were to be in bed most of the weekend wrapped in his arms but here she was comforting Hazel. “Do you want to talk about it?” 



Hazel looked at her and softly said, “Ever since that bitch said she was pregnant with Matt’s baby, it’s all I can think about.”
Kay sighed and said, “You want a baby and Matt doesn’t, am I right?”
“It’s not just that. We have to wait 4 years to get married. I mean it’s great being here but I feel like I’m being told what to do. I’m not saying I want to marry Matt tomorrow but I want to marry him when we are ready not when Estevan says so.”



“Matt speaks very fondly of his Uncle and he told me about this business offer…”
“Then you know he is trying to run our life.” Kay could see her point and asked, “Have you spoken to Matt about how you feel?”
“I’ve tried but he thinks I’m over reacting.”
Jake listened to Matt explain and then said, “So you have no idea why she is mad at you?” Matt slumped in his chair and replied, “Honestly, not a clue. Tonight was the first time in a few days she let me kiss her, her blue eyes were screaming no begging me to love her but she won’t.”



Jake raised his eyebrow and asked, “So you think this is about sex?”
“What? No, I don’t…Jake I love her but something is wrong and she isn’t telling me.”
“Or maybe you don’t want to hear it.”
Matt clenched his teeth and asked firmly, “What is that supposed to mean?”
“I know the deal you made with Estevan. That’s why you are here at university.”
“Listen I always wanted to come here…”



“I know that Matt but think for a minute, you are being dangled a carrot on a string only if you do as he says. You get a business if you don’t get married. And let’s not forget the bitch from hell, Deb.”
“Hazel was ok accepting the deal…”
“She said yes because you asked her too. I mean it is a great offer but is it what you both really want. If Deb hadn’t pulled the stunt she didn’t maybe Hazel would have gone along with it but since that night, you have to admit things haven’t been right.”
“After Deb, I asked her to marry me at city hall…” Jake shouted, “You were in a state that you were going to lose her.”
“This was ages ago.”
“Matt, woman hold on to things until the last minute then let us know how they really feel. Look, talk to her and sort things out. Now if you don’t mind, I have plans for tonight that don’t include you or Hazel.”



Their hands were all over each other as they landed on the bed, “I missed you.”
“I missed you too, baby.”



Hazel was furious with Matt, “Now you want to talk. Maybe I don’t want too.”
Matt yelled back, “What the hell do you want me to say, I’m sorry.”
“No that is not it. I was happy in my job…” Matt interrupted her, “Then go back to your job but I’m staying.”
“Fine.”
“Haz, try being honest for once. This is about having to wait to get married and the business deal that is on offer.”



“Let’s be honest then, yes I hate the fact that you went along with the plan and agreed that we have to wait to get married. Did you ever ask me?”
“Yes I did and you said yes so why now are you upset?”
“Because the more I think about it the more I’m upset with being controlled.”
“I begged you to marry me after what Deb did but you wanted the big wedding.”
Hazel now lost her tempered and screamed, “I also want a baby but you don’t,” 



Hazel collapsed and through tears added, “Have you any idea what the thought of another woman having your baby did to me even though we found out she was lying. It cut me like a knife.” 



Matt pulled her in, holding her close and said, “I want a family with you but not like this. It has to be right for us. As for the business I’ll say no to Uncle Estevan if it’s what you really want but as for university I really do want to stay and I’d really like you to stay.”
“The business is where you grew up and we have a life in Lucky Palms…” Matt looked her in the eye and said, “Then I will talk to him but don’t be surprised if he wants to talk to you.”
“Do we really have to wait 4 years to get married?”
“No we don’t have too.”
“But he said…”
“Haz, he was testing us. He wanted to see how we really felt about each other and the fact you did argue with him means he was impressed. Look, I love you but I would like to wait a while before getting married…” Hazel was upset and tried to pull away but Matt wouldn’t let her go. “How long is a while?”
“2 years but if you want to start planning it I won’t object.” Hazel was pleased they had finally talked and then said, “Matt I need to tell you something.” Matt looked at her and quietly asked, “What is it?”
“Please don’t be mad at me…”



“Haz, what have you done?” Hazel looked ashamed as she looked Matt in the eye, “When Deb pulled that stunt about having your baby…well you have to understand my mind was all over the place…”
Matt said firmly through the anger building up inside, “Hazel.”
She took a deep breath and said, “I stopped taking the pill and the last few weeks we have had unprotected sex.”

10 comments:

  1. Hazel, you dope. Sheesh. She who is complaining about having a controlled life is trying to control the person she says she loves. Entrapment is never ever a way to secure a marriage and family. Matt is going to be livid about her confession, or he should be! That's grounds for break up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Yep Hazel did the ultimate in betrayal, trying to force a pregnancy with the man she loves not good at all. Matt will go nuts I think and I couldn't blame him. either. Break up ummm it would be her fault if they did.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I'm just shaking my head here with Hazel. She hates having her life controlled by another, well if she does get pregnant, then for the next 18 or more years, she won't have a life of her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinky,

      Hazel did a stupid thing here and you are right if pregnant then she will be controlled for years by children.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. ~ Hazel has things really messed up in her head,she hates the control that Estevan has put on them,but in turn is trying to control Matt,by falling pregnant,or does she not see that!?
    ~ Having a baby will control her for at least 16 years,& not something she should do on a whim!
    ~ She should talk it all out with Matt,after all they are going to marry in the future,& they need to sort this out,now!
    ~ Loved it! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      She hated the deal from the start but was trying to please Matt by going a long with it. Estevan was trying to do good here but she didn't see that and instead is trying to control Matt when there is no need to.

      I think talk is very high on the list but will Matt want to talk yet?

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Oh holy nuts!

    Um, well, at least Jake and Kay are having a good time.

    Hazel has really screwed up. Yep. Totally agree with Karima on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Jay and Kay are being very loved up. You aare all right Hazel has screwed up big time.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. I've lost all respect for Hazel in this update. I can't believe she'd be so reckless with their futures like that. I understand maternal urges all too well, but this is not the way to do it. That was wrong, plain and simple! Wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Val,

    Hazel was very stupid and to think that Matt would be ok with this is shocking. I do understand her need for a baby but I agree with you not like this.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete