Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

1.80 Need to tell you something

Andrew was in the office with his Dad, “Are you ok?” Andrew Snr smiled, “I’m really happy for you both. What do you need?”


“Kirsten’s first appointment with the doctor is today and I want to be there.”
“What time?”
“In an hour.” He looked at his son, “It’s a bit short notice but what the hell just go. After all I’m going to be a Granddad. Do you know the sex of the baby yet?”


“Dad, I did say first appointment, besides we agreed to wait and see what we have.” Andrew hugged his son, “I can’t wait. I found a small place so you and Kirsten will have your house back.”
“Dad, wait no…”
“Andrew, you are starting a family and as much as I appreciate staying with you and Kirsten so we could get to know each other, you will need the space because I really hope you will have more than one baby.”


“Kirsten, you are in good shape and both you and baby are fine.” Kirsten was still concerned, “What about when my Mum lost my sister Ava, could that happen to me?”
“I did read up on your sister’s medical file with your Mum’s consent of course but there is really nothing to worry about here. We will however keep an extra eye on you throughout your pregnancy and if at any time we are concerned we will tell you straight away.” 


Kirsten looked at Andrew and he turned to the doctor and replied, “Thank you. Does she need to rest or eat more…” The doctor stopped him, “Andrew, your wife is fine. She will need rest, you know a good night’s sleep but not bed rest and as for eating more, the answer there is no. The eating for two is an old wives tale; all Kirsten needs to do is eat well in normal quantities.”
Andrew heard Kirsten say, “See, I can still do things and eat normally. You don’t have to be overprotective.”
“Hay, I want things to go right for you, the baby and us.” 


The doctor watched and listened for a moment or two then said, “Andrew don’t be overprotective, Kirsten knows what she is doing. Kirsten as the pregnancy goes through it’s stages enjoy him fussing over you because when the baby is here you’ll both focus on that little one and forget each other like that for a while until you develop a routine with the baby.”


After leaving the doctor’s Andrew wrapped his arms around Kirsten and softly said, “I’m still going to fuss you no matter how much you object.” Kirsten smiled and kissed him, “I love you fussing me but just don’t overdo it.”
“I can’t make any promises.” 


When they got home Jake was waiting, “Mum told me your news.” Kirsten was shocked, “Jakey, I was going to tell you…” 


He hugged her and said, “Sis, I’m excited for you really I am but need to tell you something,” 


They sat down and Kirsten looked at her brother, “Thing is I’m going to be a Dad too, we think Kay is about 6-8 weeks but she will go and get that checked.”
Kirsten squealed, “I can’t believe this you are going to be a Daddy, oh this is perfect. Kay will so understand what I’ll be going through. Where is she?”
“Playing with Charlie, she wants to spend some quality time with him.” 


Andrew asked, “Are you going with her to the appointments?”
“Kay said that she would go alone…” Andrew was in shock and so was Kirsten, “Jakey, you’d better go to those appointments with her or else. Pregnant or not I’ll still kick your butt if I have too.”
“Cool it sis, I will be attending every appointment. I know she thinks she’s tough but I know deep down she wants me to go besides if I don’t she will make my life hell.” 


Kay walked in the door looking happy, “Did you tell them?”
Kirsten interrupted their kiss, “Yes he did, I’m so glad I have someone to go through this with.”
“Me too but he did tell you the other news?” 


Jake looked sheepish as Kirsten glared at him, “I hadn’t told them yet.”
“What haven't you told me Jakey?”
“We are engaged and Kay spoke to the university and for the next 6 months until Kay goes on maternity I will be living on campus.”
“What no you can’t…”Jake knew Kirsten wouldn't take him moving away well, “Sis, it will be ok…”
“No it won’t, we’ve never lived too far apart before and my birthday is coming up and we always do the breakfast thing together and…and…” 


Jake held her and softly said, “Sis, I promise I won’t miss your birthday not now or ever.” He looked at Andrew as he said, “Babe, please stay calm. Jake won’t let you down.” She was now in tears, “I want my brother around as I get fat, and you always know what to say Jakey.”
“If you need me, I’m a phone call away besides we will be back and forth so don’t worry.” 


Andrew took her from Jake and Kay put her hand on her shoulder and said, “Please don’t be upset Kirst, we will be here a lot, you won’t even notice.” 



Kirsten looked at Kay and said calmly, “I thought we’d have moans and laughs together and drives these two insane.” Kay smiled, “We still can…”
“How?”
“Video chat, webcam so whichever one of us is having a bad pregnancy day the other can help and still drive these guys nuts.”
Kirsten now had a big smile, “And I could talk to both of you?” Jake looked at Kirsten and sweetly said, “Yes big sis and drive me insane if it makes you feel better.”

9 comments:

  1. Aww, I can't wait to see how these two do being pregnant together. I love how they want to drive the men crazy and all. Great chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ksmomma,

      Yes two babies lol, I think driving the guys nut will keep them balance while going though these next 9 months, glad you liked it

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. BABIES!!! Oh I hope both the girl have good pregnancies, but... who knows right :D Great chapter, always love reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IvoryButterfly,

      Yes babies, will they have straight forward pregnancies it would be nice but we shall see on that one. Glad you like the story.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. They should all move in together so that they can each still have alone time :) I don't know how long that would work out though.... It is good that Andrew is getting along so well with his Dad.... They better change the stair posts though, a baby could fall through that. heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhiddidy,

      Move in together with the babies too, ummm, very interesting lol. Andrew and his Dad are getting on now. Change the stairs...I did look at that after reading your comment and though, they might have too lol

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Happiness all around. So happy for all two couples, and sure it's not ideal that Kay and Jake will be staying on campus, but video chatting sounds like a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      It isn't ideal about staying on campus but understandably Jake wants to be with Kay especially now they are expecting but it won't be forever. Kirsten is upset because she loves the closeness of their relationship but video chat will help for when they are apart.
      Yes happiness all round in this one too

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. I hope both pregnancies go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete