Pages

Wednesday 11 June 2014

1.81 Searching for a home

Jake had rented a little house on campus and this would be their home for the next six months until Kay went on maternity leave. Jake still loved his firefighter job so transferred near the university. 



Jake had spent the morning on the internet looking at homes in Lucky Palms to buy for when they weren’t here at university. Every property they looked at in Jake’s opinion wasn’t good enough.
He didn’t want a flat or a one bedroom house, he wanted a home. He wanted to be near his and Kay’s family but nothing was out there. He reluctantly called his Dad.



“Hi Jake, everything ok?” Jake sighed, “Not really Dad. There is nothing in Lucky Palms to suit our needs.”
“Jake, what is it you are looking for?”
“A home, I know we will have more than one baby, well I hope we will because I don’t want this baby to be an only child so I want a 3 bedroomed house, what do I do?”
Daniel thought for a moment and said, “You could build a home.”



“Dad that would take too long.”
“What does Kay say about this?” There was a silent pause then Jake replied, “I’m looking for this house because Kay is studying. I want this pregnancy to go smoothly and everything to be alright when the baby arrives.”


“Listen son, what you are doing is great but you may have to accept something smaller on a temporary basis. Once the baby is here look for a family home…”
“No Dad I can’t do that, the baby needs to be settled and comfortable,” Dan started to laugh and Jake asked, “What is so funny?”
“The baby isn’t even here yet and you are already starting to sound like a Dad. Kirsten won’t throw you out so you have time.”



Jake sighed, “I know Dad but she is expecting too and needs to think of the baby and let’s be honest she has properly changed a room into the nursery already. I want Kay to do that as well that’s why having a home is so important.”
“I’ll keep an eye out and let you know and I’ll talk with Spencer too and if a house comes up we will let you know and Jake…”
“What?”
“Concentrate on Kay and that baby because they will need you.” Jake thanked is Dad and hung up. 



He heard the bathroom door go and heard Kay being sick, he knocked on the door and asked, “Do you want anything?” In between her throwing up he heard, “No, you’ve done enough.”
Jake quietly replied, “I’ll make some food for you.” Within 30 minutes Kay appeared as if nothing had happened looking radiant. 



She hugged Jake and said, “Sorry, I just hate being sick. My first appointment is later on today so I might be a bit late.”



Kay sat to eat some food when Jake said, “I’m going with you and no arguments.” Kay was shocked and said, “You don’t like doctors…”
“This is different, we are having a baby and I’m not missing anything.”



After washing up she fell onto the sofa into his arms and said, “I love you.”
“You too.”
“Have you found a house yet?”
“I didn’t say I was looking!”
“Jake I saw you looking at houses last night and you were on the computer this morning. We will find a place.”
“Any ideas?”
“I spoke to Dad yesterday and he said a home had just come on the market, it is 3 bedrooms, and it’s not huge but big enough. It’s got a garden but it needs works, could we take a look?”
Jake saw the content smile on her face as she smiled at him, “I should have asked you first, shouldn’t I? I was hoping to surprise you.”
“It might not be what we want but it’s close to everyone. I say let’s see it.”
Jake smiled as he kissed her, “Ok, I’ll make the appointment for the weekend, now don’t you have class?”
“Shit is that the time?” 



She shot up grabbing he bags and Jake shouted, “Aren’t you forgetting something?”
“Sorry,” Kay kissed him and added, “Appointment is at 2pm in the medical building.”
Jake looked puzzled, “Hun, I’m at medical school with real Doctors so my appointment is with Professor Lake. He has delivered many babies but teaches now. Dean Wright helped to arrange these appointments.”
Jake kissed her again and sweetly added, “See you at 2pm, both of you.”

5 comments:

  1. I've caught up on this story, too! It's so exciting to see everyone starting their families! I can't wait for all the little ones to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      Glad you caught up :)

      Everyone is starting a family accept Matt :( but he will get there soon

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I think Jake needs to relax a little, they'll find the right house for them, the last thing he wants to do is to make an impulsive buy because he feels like he doesn't have enough time before the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Jake is in panic mode but you aqre right they will find somewhere. Kay will get him to calm down.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. As far as the house goes, you know what they say: location, location, location!

    ReplyDelete