Pages

Wednesday 8 May 2013

1.31 The Call




Andrew looked at Jake, “Why do I have to make the call?” Jake stared at him and said, “You have spoken to him before. Remember we are doing this for Matt.” Andrew took a breath and dialled the number but it diverted the call, “Shit, it’s not going to Estevan what do I do.”


“See who answers it as it will be his family.” Jake demanded as Andrew’s hand shook.
A woman answered the phone and immediately said, “Why do you have Mathew’s phone?”
“I’m Andrew Morgan a friend of Matt’s and he’s in trouble.”
“Explain.”
“He did something stupid when he first arrived here and to cut this short the woman is ready to give birth and is claiming its Matt’s baby. We thought that because tests would take a while to prove he isn’t the Dad, well we were kinda hoping by reading her mind we would know the truth.”
“Hazel wants to call off the engagement, right?”
“Yes.”



“I’m his Aunt Heather, I would love to help but I think this is a life lesson he needs to learn. If Hazel loves him and I know she does then she will do the right thing. I won’t come down there and sort his mess out. He wants to be an adult unfortunately this is life. I know someone who lives in your area that may be able to help. I will make the call; a word of warning to you and Jake. Whatever the outcome you tell his father or Matt about this call and I will pay you a visit.”
“Umm ok but how did you know that Jake was with me?”
“I can read minds over the phone. Will you keep quiet?” They looked at each other and both shouted, “Yes.” As they both spoke into the phone. 


Once Andrew hung up he asked, “I wonder who the call is too?”
“We have done what we can.”

Lucky Palm Hospital


“Good afternoon, Lucky palm hospital. How can I help?” The receptionist face dropped when she heard the familiar voice on the line. She transferred the call to the back office and collected her thoughts and answered the phone, “Heather it’s been a while. How are you? I hear through the grapevine you are a vampire and have a child.”


“Yes I am but you seriously thought I’d ring after ten years for a friendly chat.”
“Sorry, how is Mathew?”
“Like you give a damn.”
“Now hold on I do care…” Heather cut her off, “Really…if Spencer knew I was phoning you he’d kill me. I shouldn’t tell you this but I have no choice now Mathew lives in Lucky Palms.”


“What!”
“I haven’t finished yet. He is engaged to a wonderful girl and no, she isn’t expecting but a girl he slept with claims she is having his baby. She is due any time but he is adamant it is not his. I was hoping you could confirm one way or another, the truth.”
“You mean break confidentially rules for my son.”
“That is exactly what I mean, Tracy.”
“What’s Mathew like?”



“He has your hair colouring but he is all Spenc.”
“No wonder she said yes to marry him. What’s her name?”
“Hazel Chase. I need to know something because Spencer won’t talk about it. Why did you leave?” Tracy sighed, “He was in and out of prison and I was always left bringing up Mathew. 


Spencer always promised us a better life and it never came. He only changed because I left leaving Mathew with him so he had to put someone else first. The first place he ran too was you. Even after ten years if he walked in and asked me to forgive him I would as I still love him.”
“You know he is engaged and he is head barman now?”
“Oh…” there was pause then she said, “I wish him all the happiness in the world. When I help Mathew should I contact him?”



 “I think telling his fiancée somehow would be better. Here are the details of the women who is expecting.”

7 comments:

  1. (Last Picture) Uh Oh, Somebody don't look happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinky Lablue,

      You are right the last picture says it all lol. That pictures chapter will be out on Tuesday in Painswater Point.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Oh shit.
    For some reason, I knew the second that woman answered the phone that that was Matt's mom. IDK how I knew.
    Uh.. awkward how she said she'd take Spencer back if he walked in the door at that moment and then to hear that he's engaged! I could almost feel her heart crack a little. Still, I get that she knows she's the one that did the leaving.

    I don't think Matt is going to like seeing his mom after all these years. Oh boy. More drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Yes oh shit is right :) Yes its Matt mum alright. Could be the picture I put up of his parents in coffeehouse lol.
      Tracy's heart is breaking because she still love Spencer. She did leave but she did it for the right reasons because she wanted him to stay away from prison. Will Matt like seeing his Mum I don't know.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. I like Tracy, she seems like such a nice lady. And I can understand her reasons for leaving, and in hindsight I guess she was right, it did force Spencer to put someone else's needs first.

    Oh oh, I get the feeling Heather is in trouble, from that last screenshot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Glad you like her, she did leave as you say for the right reasons because again it forced Spencer to grow up. Yes Heather is really in trouble =D

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. It isn't his, I know it. Chapter 1.12 - the act was not complete - no proof - it ended without confirmation (or should I say, consummation?) he passed out I bet. hahahahaha! Joke's on Demon Debbie.

    But what a mess this will make over there for Spencer, since, well, Tracy says she would take him back and he's engaged to someone. (And is that another play on words/names? TeddyBlair and SpencerTracy? hehehehe)

    ReplyDelete