Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

1.50 Being wrong




Andrew paid the cab driver and walked into the house. All lights were off accept upstairs, Andrew breathed a sigh of relief thinking that Kirsten still didn’t know until he walked into their bedroom. 



“You idiot…how could you? You could have been hurt, worse than that arrested.  Wouldn’t that look good for our wedding day; my new husband in a jumpsuit.”
“Kirsten please I know you are mad but please hear me out.”



“You have two minutes before you are on the couch.” Andrew knew when Kirsten was like this it was best to stay where he was. 



“Matt rang Jake and he asked for my help. A guy tried to bribe Kay so Matt suggested she stay with Hazel in their room. Matt slept in Kay’s room because he knew the scumbag was going to come back. We all heard him when he came in he was hoping to sleep with her by agreement or force to get what he wanted. So yes we roughed him up a bit.” 



Kirsten softened her face and walked over to hold Andrew. “I love you, that is so sweet but why is Jake in a mood?”
“Jake had a fight with Kay…”
“Kay should be flattered that he protected her.”
“Babe, she was at first until he told her to pack her bags and come home plus he said he’d take care of her.” Kirsten was in shock and yelled, “He did what?”
“I tried talking to him but he thinks he should leave Kay…”
“Leave Kay, has my brother lost his mind.” 



Kirsten went to open the door when Andrew stopped her, “Please babe let Jake think about this first. He hasn’t broken thing off, I think he said it in anger.”
“Fine!”
“Let’s go downstairs and tell me about your day.” 



Kirsten was making the coffee when Andrew wrapped his arms around her, kissing her neck. “And, you aren’t making it easy to tell you about my day.”
“Good, now tell me more.”
Kirsten was screaming in her head, ‘Stop torturing me and just make love to me.’ When she opened her mouth she replied, “Mum took me to loads of bridal shops and she is doing my head in.” 



Andrew stopped and turned Kirsten to face him, “Did you find your dress?” Kirsten sighed, “No and at this rate I don’t think I will.” Andrew smiled at her and said, “You will find the right dress. Do you know what the date is?” Kirsten looked puzzled and asked, “Is it a special date?”
“A year to the day this will be our wedding day and most importantly our wedding night.”
Kirsten laughed, “The whole day is important.”
“True but I’m looking forward to the night.” Andrew kissed Kirsten as she replied, “I can’t wait.”



Jake had work but he kept taking his phone out to see if he had any missed calls but there were none. Talking out loud he said, “Fine be like that, I was giving you a good offer…see you can’t miss me that much.” 



Jake jumped when he heard his sister say, “She misses you plenty you ass. Ring her and say sorry for demanding that she comes home.”
“Sis you don’t get it.”
“I do get it. Andrew told me everything and up until you demanded Kay come home was heroic but then you became an idiot. She has wanted to be a doctor for a long time and you want her to give it up because of one guy?”



“I’m trying to be a good boyfriend.”
“Then support her choice in career and tell her you love her. I mean do you want her to be Kay or a bored unhappy girlfriend?”
“I want my Kay.” Kirsten came really close to her brother and said, “Then simmer down, think and phone her, you prat.” Jake couldn’t say anything back and he hated when Kirsten did this to him.



 When Jake was at work all he could think of was Kay and crunch came when he almost had an accident fixing the alarm bell so sat there and texted her. ‘Baby I’m sorry for asking you to quit. I just get so worried when we are apart. Love Jake xxx’
The rest of the day went easier for Jake once he had sent the texted but he still had a feeling that she was still upset with him as he hadn’t had a response yet and when he got home he checked again and still nothing. 



He lay on Kay’s bed hoping that the weekend he had just shared with her wasn’t his last after his behaviour. Jake was dozing off when his phone rang, he quickly answered it without looking at the ID and Kay asked, “Jake I only just got you texted, thank you. I miss you.”
“I love you, Kay.”
“Jake where are you?”
“Strange question, I’m at home in your bedroom as it’s the only way I feel close to you, why?”
“I’m in your room.” 



Jake shot up and asked, “Baby, you are telling the truth, right?” 



The door opened to her room and Jake smiled as Kay replied, “I was until now.”

6 comments:

  1. Woothoot. haha :)
    Joke's on Jake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Yes the joke is on Jake, I wonder what he will do now?

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Only Kirsten can get through to Jake and make him see what an idiot he is. I love their relationship, they make me wish I had a brother! *happy sigh* at Kay surprising Jake! The night can only get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Kirsten can see good things for Jake when he is around Kay. However Jake has never taken a relationship seriously until now and can't see why he is being unreasonable. The relationship they have is great and now with Kay turning up as you say the night can only get better. :)

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Good for Kirsten to get right up in his face and tell him what an ass he was being! hehe
    All that talk Drew was doing about the dress.. we know where and when his mind really is... the wedding night.
    Love the ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypalsim,

      Kirsten did the right thing here. Drew is thinking more about when they are alone and how he can remove the dress but question is will Kirsten make it easy for him to remove lol. The end was nice.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete