Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

1.55 Call the doctor




Jake threw his food on the floor, “I said I didn’t want food.” Kirsten hated seeing Jake like this, “I just thought…”
“Then you thought wrong, didn’t you? All I need is Kay.”



Kirsten ran from the room in tears and when Andrew saw her running upstairs he knew who was the cause and started to yell at Jake when he came into the room. “What the fuck do you think you are playing at? Upsetting your sister like that.”
Jake yelled back, “Butt the fuck out of my life. She made food that I didn’t ask for.”
“Remember who you are talking too Jake! We know you are missing Kay but stop snapping at everyone. It’s been 4 days and you won’t eat and all you do is check and recheck your phone. When was the last time you ate anyway?”
Jake stood there and replied calmer, “It’s been 4 days…” 



Andrew screamed upstairs for Kirsten. She ran down the stairs and found her brother in a heap on the floor. “Oh god please not, Jakey.” Andrew was on the phone to the doctor and explained what happened, while Kirsten was still trying to wake Jake up Andrew dialled Daniel’s mobile.



As the phone rang there were giggles coming from Laura, “Oh leave the phone alone.” He tried to reach for the phone but Laura grabbed his hand, “It can wait but I can’t.” Dan smiled at his wife while he planted a few more kisses on her and said, “You look hot tonight but it could be important.”



Laura kissed his neck as he glanced at the caller ID, “Laura stop, it’s Andrew calling. He only said he’d ring the mobile in an emergency. Laura moved out of the way while he answered the phone. 



He listened to Andrew and looked stoned faced as he looked at Laura, “We are on our way.”
“Is Kirsten ok?”
“It’s not Kirsten it is Jake. Get dressed and I’ll tell you in car.”



After the doctor finished examining Jake, he turned to Kirsten and said, “He needs plenty of fluids and food but little and often to build up his appetite. Has he been ill?”
Andrew added, “His girlfriend is going through a rough time and told Jake it’s over but he has taken it badly.”



Matt and Hazel were outside the room waiting for news about Jake. “It’s my fault Jake did this to himself.” Hazel looked at Matt and firmly said, “No it isn’t. Jake wants Kay to let him in but he has done a stupid thing.”
“But if I hadn’t told him then…” 



At that moment he saw Dan and Laura at the top of the stairs, “Told my son what?” Matt explained everything that had happened and how Jake was in this state. 



Dan kissed Laura and said, “Our son needs you. I will be right back.”
“Dan please don’t…”
“Laura everything will be fine. Matt, where does your parents live?”
Matt tried to argue with Dan but he knew why Dan wanted the address and gave it only on the condition that Matt went with him.



Dan looked at Spencer, “Where is your daughter?”
“I’ll get her just please stay calm.” Dan agreed and within a few minutes Kay appeared, “I’ve already told Jake it was over.”



Dan replied, “Over…in your dreams. The way you look at my son tells me you love him and every minute your together counts. You want to play this game then let me tell you something, my son is madly in love with you and the more I see you together I know you are well suited but the reason I’m here is because Jake is so upset, hurt and angry that you won’t let him help you that he hasn’t eaten in 4 days and as a trainee doctor you should know what that means.” Kay was in shock and looked at Matt and Spencer, “Dad please…”



“Kay I agree with Mr Decker here. You are really happy around Jake. I know you are hurting but don’t let that bastard ruin your life. Jake wants to be there and help. Tell him you will let him help you.” 



She looked at Matt, “Ummm I agree with everyone too sis. After all I thought he was bad news but seeing you together says it all. He has eyes for you and only you. I never thought that day would come, not for Jake anyway.” Suddenly Kay realised what was happening, “Shit what have I done? The stupid sod, what did he do that for?” She was now standing by the door, “I’ll talk to him.” Dan smiled at her and said, “I’ll drive you back.”



When they were alone Tracy hugged Spencer, “I’m glad she is going to see him.” Spencer kissed her, “Me too. Is that my shirt you are wearing?”
“Ummm yes it is. I tried to tell you the other night but Mathew walked in with Kay…I’m pregnant.”



Spencer picked her up before kissing her again, “This is great news, shit have you told Mathew and Kay yet?”
“Slow down Spenc, no I haven’t told them.”



Everyone cleared the room when Kay entered; she was heartbroken to see him like this. She sat beside him and started to talk, “I’m sorry that I shut you out, everyone thinks I need to talk to you. When I saw him and he said he was my Dad, I froze…” 



Jake tried to sit up when he heard her voice, “Jake don’t move you are too weak.”
“Then come and lie with me.”
“I can’t…”
“Do you believe I would hurt you?”
“No…”
“Lie with me, Kay and talk to me.” 



She reluctantly agreed and when Jake had her in his arms he said, “Now tell me what really happened.”
“I froze when I saw him then he pinned me against the wall, looked me up and down like I was a piece of meat and coldly said horrible things to me and then he touched me in places…”
“Kay what did he say?”
“I can’t say…”
“You need to Kay.”
“He said how he missed my mum and how I reminded him of her and wouldn’t it be good if we could relive those days…” Kay couldn’t continue as she cried to Jake.
“What about your studies, Kay?”
“The university thought it was in my interest to continue from home for the rest of the year and to use the local hospital facilities to keep up. Then I’m to return next year.” Jake was pleased but at the same time disappointed that this man could ruin her life. “Kay, where did he hurt you?”
“He didn’t get that far but touched…I can’t say this.” Jake knew he was pressing too hard so decided to back off. He was just happy that they were talking again. 
Kay got up and said, “I’ll be back in the morning to check on you.” Jake sat up ignoring Kay’s pleas not too and said, “If you’re a doctor and I’m a patient don’t I deserve some medical attention.” Kay let a smile appear and said, “Nothing can happen because…” The smile quickly disappeared.



Jake knew he was taking a risk pulling Kay towards him like he did but he didn’t care at that moment, “If you stay then you can keep an eye on me. You need to stay just as much as I want you too.”
“I can’t stay in this room with you but I will stay in the spare room across the hall.”
“Then if that’s what it takes for you and I to be under the same roof then I’ll take it.”

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how to feel about Don meddling in his son's affairs, Jake is an adult, and he can probably fight his own battles. But Don taking charge like that seems to have worked since Kay seems to be slowly coming back to her senses. I can't wait to see where this goes and how her father fits into everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Dan meddle because he thinks they make a great couple and doesn't want it to fall apart. Kay has been very shaken but hopefully will get back to normal.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. JAKE! You imbecile! Starving yourself? Really?!
    I say that because I did that once. Didn't work like I wanted it to. Jake is lucky, stupid, but lucky also.
    He needs to first apologize to Kirsten and Drew. They're the ones that had to put up with his little temper tantrum and then saved his butt by calling for help.
    This sounds wrong, but I'm relieved that that's all Kay's father did to her. Of course, him doing nothing would've been much much better. Still, maybe she won't have to carry what happened around with her for the rest of her life, not in the extreme that it could be anyway.

    Hehe. Doctor's supervision. That's cute. Jake is such a sweetie sometimes too that I hope that helps Kay come back to the reality that she's loved and deserves it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      Jake is very lucky to be alive. His temper is very short and taking it out on his sister and best mate was not the way to go.
      Kay father may have done more but we will see as it unfolds, hopefully she will talk to someone so she can get on with her life.
      Jake is very sweet at times and I hope he can make Kay see that he loves her very much

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Jake is a strange guy. I hope he knocked some sense into his head when he hit the floor. *LOL*
    He may not have had appetite, but to starve himself? Duh!
    The parents' meddling seems to have worked for the good this time.
    Kay is also fortunate that her past wasn't as horrible as it could have been. She needs to talk with someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      Jake is weird at times but maybe your right sense creep into his head lol.
      Starving himself was very stupid. His parents shouldn't have meddled but like you and Val said it helped this time :)
      Kay will need help and yes it could have been worse.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete