Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

1.56 Anywhere but here

Matt stood there while Hazel wrapped her arms around him and softly said, “Kay will be ok.” Matt sighed, “I don’t know…” Matt paused and Hazel asked, “What aren’t you telling me?”



Matt walked over to the bed and sat down, “After Kay saw Jake I spoke to her, you can see in her eyes she still loves him but I don’t know…when she was talking you could sense that she was holding back and I’m afraid that if she doesn’t get help we will all lose the Kay we know.”



“Jake seemed happy after Kay had visited him, Kirsten told me.” 



Matt got up and put his arms around her and with an upset tone replied, “Jake is going to lose her, I’m losing her because she is burying what happened and won’t talk about it.”
Hazel was confused and asked, “Matt, Kay and Jake are talking…”
“I know but she’s not telling him or anyone what really went on. When I left her she started to cry. Dad told me that when she came home she went to take a nap all he could hear was screams coming from her but she was asleep.”
Hazel kissed Matt and told him to speak to Jake.



Matt walked into the bedroom to find Jake lying there, “How are you feeling?”
“Better now I’ve eaten and with my own personal doctor looking after me, I’m doing great.” Matt was pleased to see Jake smile but said, “We have to talk about Kay.” One thing Jake wasn’t and that was stupid, “You mean her withholding what happened and that every time I want to hold her the scared look that I could hurt her.”
“Jake you could lose her.”
“Never going to happen, Matt. I love her too much.”



“Jake…”
“Don’t Jake me. I spoke to your Dad this morning and we have made an appointment for Kay to see someone…” Matt interrupted him, “Does Kay know about this?” Jake shook his head, “Spencer made the appointment and is taking her there this afternoon. I want my girl back.”
“Jake I’m glad you aren’t using her…”
“Using her…I am crazy about her and my Dad was right, I need to rely on more than just sex for a real relationship but this wasn’t the way I wanted it to happen.”



Matt looked at Jake and said, “I really am happy that you are looking out for Kay but you should also encourage her back to the campus.” Jake started to yell, “Are you crazy?”
Matt yelled back, “Stop being the jealous boyfriend, will you? My sister needs to have normality back in her life; her family, you and her studies and you know I’m right?”
“Let me have a bit of time with her.”
“I’m not talking about tomorrow but over the next few months.”
“Ok but I won’t push it yet.”

Counselling office



“Dad, why are we here?” Spencer opened Kay’s door and replied, “Kay, I’m worried about you. In fact we all are and I want you to talk to someone…” Kay screamed at him, “I just want to forget about it.” 



She tried to open the car door but Spencer now stood in front of the door. “Kay please, if you don’t want to come back fine but please go to this session and then take it from there.”


Kay reluctantly agreed to go inside but was shocked to see her professor sitting on the desk, “Kay please take a seat.” 



Kay sat down and then the questions started, “I see you are shocked to see me? Well I still run a private practice and when I saw your name I knew I had to help because I know I don’t want to lose one of my best students. Now what do you hope to get out of these sessions?”
Kay looked blank at her professor and said, “Any magic wand so I can forget and go back to the way things were?”
“I’m afraid not Kay. Let’s start with something easy, your family, tell me about them. Tell me about your mother?”



Kay had a slight smile on her face as she recounted about her childhood with her Mum. Then she was asked, “What did she look like?”
“Before she died someone once commented on how we could pass for sisters, I still miss her…” Kay paused and then added, “She would know how to make this better…”
“Kay, I understand you miss her.” Then she paused and said, “Tell me about your relationship with Mathew Dark.”
“Matt…he’s like a brother to me, not that I get quality time with him because of his fiancée.” 



Kay started to pace the floor, “Don’t get me wrong, I like Hazel but I need him too.”
“Have you ever told her this?”
Kay shook her head. “Are you afraid of Hazel?”
“What…no, they were going through issues lately so I just left it. I was going to talk to them but…”
“Maybe now you should speak to both of them because you will need their support. Who is Spencer and what is he to you?”
“Spencer is Matt’s Dad…well he’s my Dad too.”
“He is the Dad you always wanted?”
Kay sat looking at her and took a deep breath and replied, “No he is my Dad, he’s always been there unlike…”
“Unlike your real Dad?” Kay just stared at her and coldly said, “I don’t want to talk about him…Spencer is my Dad.”
“Kay you need…”
“Look I told you Spencer is my Dad so just drop it.” 



Spencer was outside and he could hear Kay’s raised voice and sat there thinking he had pushed too hard but then the thought of losing the Kay he loved scared him. It was supposed to be a happy time with a new baby on the way but the happiness was being overshadowed by this horrible event in their lives. The last time he saw Kay’s Mum he’d always promised to look out for her. The thought had crossed his mind to call in a favour from either Estevan or Will but he lost Tracy once and was not prepared to lose her again.



Kay slid down the door after she gave up trying to leave, “I hate him…”
“Go on.”
“Why did he hurt me I was his daughter, I was surrounded by my toys and then he came out of the shadows like…” Kay broke down in tears.
“Are you saying he tried this before?” All Kay could do was nod, “How old were you?” Kay kept crying and couldn’t answer. She knew Kay getting this far was a start so decided to leave it for now. She handed Kay some tissues and recommended that she saw her twice a week to start and they would take it from there. 

8 comments:

  1. Rough times are ahead. Kay will only get well if she wants to. Hopefully the doctor can teach her how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zhippidy,

      I hope she listens to the advise given here and pulls through.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  2. ~ Very emotional,& pushes some buttons for me.
    ~ Very well handled,as it is a taboo subject,if only every one knew how common place it was/is!
    ~ Why does a man think he has that right!? (I say man because the other way around,is there,but, no where near the proportions of what we are discussing!)
    ~ I would like to see everyone involved learn & heal from this,maybe in the future Kay herself can help others through this!
    ~ A person who has been there, & come out the other side healed & stronger,can relate best to those going through this & will show that they can get through this & survive!Coming out the other side stronger & wiser!
    ~ Emotional! (",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karima,

      It was very emotional to write. I hoped it was handled with care because it can be hard to handle for some. Some people think they can do that to another human being and it is wrong.
      I hope everyone learns from this and that Kay becomes a better person for this.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Kay, I just want to hug her. I see a very painful journey to healing for her. She'll need the support of the people who love her. And that sonofabitch father deserves a slow painful death for his unspeakable sins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val,

      Kay is hurting right now and needs all the hugs she can get. That man who calls himself Dad yes needs to have a painful death, agree there.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Wow. Twice a week. Well, I guess the woman wants it intense before Kay can bury it any further.
    I'm happy Kay agreed to do it, to go and talk to someone, and that professor lady is a bit easier to trust than some stranger.

    Jake doesn't need to give up on Kay. He loves her no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mypal,

      The counsellor thought it would be a good idea to start of with. Kay wants to move forward with her life deep down and that is why I think she agreed. Jake won't give up, not on Kay.

      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete